The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

whilst I understand your angst, might I remind you that only 33 dead would be considered a good day in Bagdhad?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcGee View Post
whilst I understand your angst, might I remind you that only 33 dead would be considered a good day in Bagdhad?
This isn't Baghdad. This is the first world technologically advanced industrialized United States of America, the most powerful, influential, and "greatest" nation in modern times. Again, the largest US massacre by a single gunman. There is no anarchy, no social upheaval, no war torn sectors. This is the free world. And the incident is a damn serious one.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
This isn't Baghdad. This is the first world technologically advanced industrialized United States of America, the most powerful, influential, and "greatest" nation in modern times. Again, the largest US massacre by a single gunman. There is no anarchy, no social upheaval, no war torn sectors. This is the free world. And the incident is a damn serious one.
Of course it is. And I'm sure the mothers in your country grieve that much harder than the mothers in Bagdhad.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcGee View Post
Of course it is. And I'm sure the mothers in your country grieve that much harder than the mothers in Bagdhad.
I agree Jay, just because our "standards" are higher does not make any loss of life an more or less important. We are all human beings and all our lives are worth the same and it is pathetic to think otherwise.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote