The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
My G-son, Sam, just caught tonight's dinner...
How many of there are you? Get a coupla loaves and that will feed the 5,000. Glad he's doing so well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Last night we had some leftover cold pasta salad. Bowties with a sort of pesto sauce mixed with bits of radicchio and kalamata olives....
It does all sound great Glatt, but it made me smile for a slightly dufferent reason.

The younger partners I work with have generally never moved out of Aylesbury. They are on a steeper learning curve than me. I cannot claim to be a foodie but if you move around and stick around for 40+ years you pick up a lot. and I don't mean things that require antibiotics.

Last week a partner and a customer had the beginnings of a conversation headed in separate directions. The customer wanted to know if we sold kalamata olives. My cow-orker was trying to direct her to the fish counter to buy calimari. I stepped in like Wonder Woman (but without the short-shorts) and walked her down the prepacked deli aisle, where indeed we do sell kalamata olives.

I promise I wasn't smug. I'd never even eaten an olive when I was his age.