The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
not one single dog with my pedigrees is in any puppy mill in the United States or the world.
That seems like a rather bold statement - How exactly do you track them and their offspring and their offspring and so on?

Quote:
There are plenty of hobby breeders with the same value system I have.
And there are many who do not. The question is how to stop one while promoting more of the other.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
That seems like a rather bold statement - How exactly do you track them and their offspring and their offspring and so on?

And there are many who do not. The question is how to stop one while promoting more of the other.
Not only is it bold it is factual. I explained why I know where the dogs are that I personally have sold. BREED WARDENS. I have sold less than 20 dogs intact since I have been breeding. Not too hard to track twenty dogs.
I know people that have 30 dogs. Not a number that I would keep and breed but they have plenty of help and the place is clean and the dogs are well cared for, who the hell am I to tell them how many dogs they can breed or keep? Who the hell is anyone else to tell someone what they can do with their time and money as long as it is not affecting you or harming the dogs?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Not only is it bold it is factual. I explained why I know where the dogs are that I personally have sold. BREED WARDENS. I have sold less than 20 dogs intact since I have been breeding. Not too hard to track twenty dogs.
... from 20 dogs over 20 years and
their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and
their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and
their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters....

How man litters a year? 2 - 4? at how many pups per litter and all those litters litters.
Most of which are being bred overseas. The numbers grow rather quickly.
One would think it most difficult to track all of them, if not impossible. Just sayin.
But there is probably a simple explanation.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
... from 20 dogs over 20 years and
their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters, and their litters....

How man litters a year? 2 - 4? at how many pups per litter and all those litters litters.
Most of which are being bred overseas. The numbers grow rather quickly.
One would think it most difficult to track all of them, if not impossible. Just sayin.
But there is probably a simple explanation.
Simple explanation for what? You think I am responsible for pet over population and you want to make up statistics for me? Unlike me you know nothing about the people that have my dogs and maybe they did not breed them at all. Anyhoo it is not really necessary for you to know my business is it? Just like its not for the government to know my business or to tell me what to do with my own property. Since you have no idea how I know and its impossible to explain it to you I guess you will just have to wonder.

Tags
dog