Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Too bad they won't make a dent in the damage he has done.
No, but I like the idea of him dying penniless, preferably in prison.

Believe me, they are going to make an example out of him. Why? Because he's kinda dumb, he's cocky, he got caught, and - most of all - he doesn't own enough politicians.

He's toast. The fat bastard will never see daylight.

Say hi to the boys in GP for me, Bernie!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

And his wife got away with a fortune.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
And his wife got away with a fortune.
She may go to jail as well.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh, oh, be still my beating heart.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

not just yet she didn't. They may get that still. I certainly hope so.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm betting she's got more hidden, out of the country, than they can even guess.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #7
classicman

Yeh thought of that right after I posted.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Redux

In fact, Reno ordered an inquiry into allegations regarding Clinton fund raising..but then, at Ken Starr's request, deferred to his independent investigation.

Yep...There were people found guilty of violations of law regarding campaign finances...but none while acting in an official capacity in the Clinton administration.

And yet, that still doesnt equal findings of 4-5 high level Bush DoJ officials found guilty (or still under investigation and facing possible disbarment) for violations of administrative law and agency policies and procedures for political purposes in the performance of official duties of the DoJ.

The rest of your nonsense about keno and state crimes of genocide is jibberish to me.

BTW, if we want to consider criminal acts while in office, I believe there were at least eight Bush officials who served time as a result of criminal activity while in office.....most of whom were charged with some form of corruption:
Scoooter LIbby, the VP's chief of staff, found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and sentenced to 30 months in jail for his role in the Plame affair....with the sentence commuted by Bush

David Safavian, chief-of-staff of the General Services Administration and the head procurement official of the federal government sentenced to prison for 18 months on corruption charges related to the Jack Abramoff lobbyist scandal.

Italia Federici, a top political aide to Sec of Interior Gail Norton, received a two month sentence in a halfway house for obstructing the Senate investigation into Abramoff and for tax evasion

Steven Griles (Federici's lover) and the number two official at the Interior Department, also received 10 months in jail for his part in the Abramoff scandal.

Dusty Fago, a top level official at the CIA, received a three year prison sentence on corruption charges.

Bob Stein, the comptroller of the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq, received nine years in prison for money laundering, conspiracy and bribery.

Felipe Sixto, Bush's White House director of intergovernmental affairs sentenced to 30 months in prison for stealing nearly $600,000 from a government-funded program that promotes democracy in Cuba.

and my favorite:
Brian Doyle, a deputy press secretary at the Department of Homeland Security, was sentenced to five years in jail for attempting to use a DHS computer to seduce a child.
Do you see the difference between your unsubstantiated and still undocumented allegations about Reno and the Clinton DoJ as opposed to the 4-5 Bush DoJ officials found guilty (or still under investigation and facing possible disbarment) by internal DoJ IG investigations of violating the law and/or administrative policies for political purposes, as well as the above examples of corruption and other crimes in the performance of official duties?

Last edited by Redux; 03-20-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Clinton was found guilty of lying under oath and lost his law license. That trumps a bunch of aides.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Clinton was found guilty of lying under oath and lost his law license. That trumps a bunch of aides.
Yep...that's a fact..Clinton was guilty of lying under oath and Bush has never been charged.

So thats the basis of your argument despite the fact that there was more unlawful politicization of the Bush Justice Department and corruption in performance of official duties across the executive branch than the Clinton administration?

OK..then the case should be closed for you and I'll look forward to hearing more from UG.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #11
TGRR
Horrible Bastard

Quote:

No, Clinton was found guilty of contempt of court.

Google it and see.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #12
Redux

I just read one of UG's links about Reno.
Quote:
...Thompson also quotes John Gigliotti (from Pat Robertson's security detail) who says Michael Eppinger, an alleged organized crime figure in Miami supposedly has a video of Reno at a sex orgy...
http://www.laborers.org/NorCal_Reno.html
So person A quotes person B who alleges that person C is an organized crime figure who supposedly has a video of Reno at a sexy orgy....among other allegations.

Now thats really getting at the truth!

The only crime here might fall under the category of torture to force someone to watch that video of Reno at a sexy orgy.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #13
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
I just read one of UG's links about Reno.

So person A quotes person B who alleges that person C is an organized crime figure who supposedly has a video of Reno at a sexy orgy....among other allegations.

Now thats really getting at the truth!

The only crime here might fall under the category of torture to force someone to watch that video of Reno at a sexy orgy.
Yea, sounds sort of like someone who claims to be tortured by a government agency who is the same person that was in jail and pissed off they were caught. Not much weight can be given to it.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #14
Redux

Quote:
Yea, sounds sort of like someone who claims to be tortured by a government agency who is the same person that was in jail and pissed off they were caught. Not much weight can be given to it.
Which is why I asked UG to cite sources comparable to the internal DoJ memos that I posted and which found violations of administrative law and/or policies by high level officials in the Bush DoJ...rather than posting second and third hand innuendos and supposed allegations from highly questionable or certainly not objective "sources".
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #15
classicman

Top Democratic Consultant Named as 'Adviser B' on Blagojevich tapes

Quote:
CHICAGO -- A partner in a prominent, Washington-based political consulting firm is among those secretly recorded discussing ways Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich can cash in on President Barack Obama's old Senate seat.

Frederick S. Yang, a top executive at Peter D. Hart Research Group Associates, is identified by prosecutors in the Blagojevich criminal complaint as "Adviser B," Michael D. Ettinger, a lawyer representing the governor's brother, said Thursday. Robert Blagojevich, who has not been charged with a crime, runs his brother's campaign fund.

The Hart firm has represented dozens of Democratic governors and members of Congress. The revelation that a key executive at the company was captured on FBI wiretaps working with the governor could embroil one of the nation's most respected and influential polling and consulting groups in the Blagojevich scandal.
The plot thickens...