The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
joelnwil
Major Inhabitant

The right wing is particularly vocal and violent, now that Obama is President. They feel threatened.

So you get people praying that Obama will die and go to hell - or course they feel that second part is more or less automatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq9G44tomKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHS5u8v1Ck

We are an extremely divided nation, and things like abortion, gay rights, and now health care are driving some people off the deep end.

Let's face it, for the most part the fundamentalist views on sexual morality are ignored even by the members of those churches. How many first marriages do you suppose are performed in your ex's megachurch where both partners are virgins? I doubt that the number is statistically significant, yet I feel sure that the minister preaches against fornication.

Bottom line is that they are fighting a losing battle, albeit a very lucrative one for them.

So far as organized religion is concerned, many of the main stream Protestant Churches are quite reasonable. As an Episcopalian, I am very gratified at the Church's position on gays and other issues.

Your doubtless needs some kind of rigid framework to keep him from thinking for himself, and this maybe keeps him in line. Just be glad he is an ex.
joelnwil is offline   Reply With Quote