The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
glatt

I don't follow Howard Stern much at all, but I know enough that I know he made the jump to satellite radio a few years back. The hoopla at the time made a big point of saying that because it was a subscriber only service, the FCC had no jurisdiction. And oh boy what was Howard Stern going to do once there was nothing to hold him back?

Howard Stern doesn't remotely care about the FCC. Even when he was on the radio, he didn't care.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I don't follow Howard Stern much at all, but I know enough that I know he made the jump to satellite radio a few years back. The hoopla at the time made a big point of saying that because it was a subscriber only service, the FCC had no jurisdiction. And oh boy what was Howard Stern going to do once there was nothing to hold him back?

Howard Stern doesn't remotely care about the FCC. Even when he was on the radio, he didn't care.
Of course, he cared. That's his "shtick", that he doesn't care.

Howard's no dummy, and he knows the dear old President has an enemies list. If you get on it, you WILL have an IRS audit, and any other nuisance the fed's can give you - which is usually plenty.
Just like Joe the Plumber.

Howard does NOT want to be on the President's bad side - and he's a liberal (definitely!) anyway. So why would he have ANYTHING good to say about Romney?

Would Romney be a guest on Howard's show, or approve of it personally? No.
Would Romney supporters be subscribers to Howard's show? No.

Howard's an ass, but he's certainly not a stupid ass. He knows which side of the toast has the butter on it.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
SNIP

Howard's no dummy, and he knows the dear old President has an enemies list. If you get on it, you WILL have an IRS audit, and any other nuisance the fed's can give you - which is usually plenty.
Just like Joe the Plumber.

SNIP
This shows you are a total idiot.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
glatt

A complete and total idiot.

If Stern is trying to avoid getting on lists, why would he say anything at all? The election looks pretty close right now. Why would he risk getting on Romney's enemies list?

(I don't think either man has an enemies list, but I'm just throwing your own "logic" back in your face.)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #5
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
A complete and total idiot.

If Stern is trying to avoid getting on lists, why would he say anything at all? The election looks pretty close right now. Why would he risk getting on Romney's enemies list?

(I don't think either man has an enemies list, but I'm just throwing your own "logic" back in your face.)
WHY WOULD HOWARD STERN SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?

<Holy Molly!>

HOWARD is THE *MOUTH*. He talks endlessly about anything or anybody who is controversial!! Howard would LOVE to get acknowledged for being on Romney's enemies list (if Romney has one, which I seriously doubt). THAT is what makes Howard -- HOWARD! I'm not sure you understand Howard Stern's niche in life.

But Howard would NOT want to be on Obama's enemies list. Obama's people are the one's Howard wants to keep. They want to hear "crotch" and "snatch" and such, on the air. Mormons? Not nearly so much. I believe Howard would starve to death as a shock jock in Salt Lake City. Yeah, I'm sure he'd starve.

And when Howard was on regular radio and TV, it was difficult to always avoid the guy. I have to say he IS a smart guy, with a real talent - he's twisted it up, but it's still a talent.

Last edited by Adak; 10-23-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
Howard would LOVE to get acknowledged for being on Romney's enemies list

But Howard would NOT want to be on Obama's enemies list.
I would love for you to come back in 6 months after the election and re-read the stuff you are writing. It's hysterical the knots you are tying yourself in.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

With a perfectly straight face, Conservative John Sununu speaks his mind.

Washington Post
Aaron Blake
October 25, 2012

Top Romney aide Sununu suggests Powell endorsed Obama because he’s black

Quote:
John Sununu, a top adviser to Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign,
suggested Thursday that Colin Powell endorsed President Obama because both men are African-American.

Asked Thursday on CNN about Powell’s endorsement, Sununu said
the endorsement might be for reasons other than policy.
“Frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether
that’s an endorsement based on issues or whether he’s got a slightly different reason
for preferring President Obama,” Sununu said.
Asked what those might be, Sununu pointed to race.

“Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud
of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him,” Sununu said.
<snip>
Sure, that must be it... race, not issues
... just as if some whites are not against Obama because he is black.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 AM   #8
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
This shows you are a total idiot.
Tell that to all the people who have been harassed by some federal agency, immediately after having a difference of opinion, with Obama.

Start with Joe the Plumber, and work your way on up through his term in office. IRS, SEC, FTC, ATF, Dept. of Justice, etc. They've all been used on different citizens who have not agreed with Obama.

Latest example was the whistle blower on the "Fast and Furious" guns to Mexico idiocy by the FBI and ATF. Although we have a law to protect whistle blowers, the agent who blew the whistle, has just been fired by the agency.

If you embarrass Obama's administration by telling the truth, you pay.

Last edited by Adak; 10-23-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Tags
adak is teh whack