The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #46
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
"Changes needed to be made! These are changes! Therefore these needed to be made!"
You are from Monty Python aren't you? I knew I had seen you somewhere.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #47
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 6,654
Well, in theory anyone served with a national security letter can tell their congressman since the law states that Congress will be kept informed.

This however, is probably not the case since the reality is that the law is designed to keep everyone in the dark.
__________________
Exercise your rights and remember your obligations - VOTE!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #48
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,731
Always remember why a Patriot Act was created. Because so many ongoing investigations that could have stopped 11 September were quashed by George Jr administration people. That is a fact as even demonstrated by a picture on the front cover of Time Magazine AND where this nation's #1 anti-terrorist investigator died.

Rather than fix the wackos in George Jr's adminstration, we created Fatherland Security provisions, wiretapping of anyone, suspended writ of Habeas Corpus, and orange alerts for terrorists that never existed.

When the president had intelligence, current laws were more than sufficient to stop every terrorist attack. So why does the Patriot Act exist?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 PM   #49
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Always remember why a Patriot Act was created. Because so many ongoing investigations that could have stopped 11 September were quashed by George Jr administration people.
Conspiracy Theory Bull Shit Alarm

TW, I found your picture.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #50
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,731
Always remember why a Patriot Act was created. Because so many ongoing investigations that could have stopped 11 September were quashed by George Jr administration people. That is a fact as even demonstrated by a picture on the front cover of Time Magazine AND where this nation's #1 anti-terrorist investigator died.

Rather than fix the wackos in George Jr's adminstration, we created Fatherland Security provisions, wiretapping of anyone, suspended writ of Habeas Corpus, and orange alerts for terrorists that never existed.

When the president had intelligence, current laws were more than sufficient to stop every terrorist attack. So why does the Patriot Act exist?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #51
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Always remember why a Patriot Act was created. Because so many ongoing investigations that could have stopped 11 September were quashed by George Jr administration people.
BS till you post an original source citation. Get off your conspiacy theory horsey.

__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #52
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Sorry my friend, changes needed to be made. I don't think that I or our system have anything to worry about.
The next change will be rectal searches with a pitchfork. You first, Mercy.
__________________
"I'm certainly free, nay compelled, to spread the gospel of Spex. " - xoxoxoBruce
Spexxvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #53
Sundae
polaroid of perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 24,185
I have tears running down my face at the picture of the man on the horse.
I've had to come out of the thread and come back in again because it made me laugh so much first time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, carry on.
__________________
Life's hard you know, so strike a pose on a Cadillac
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #54
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
The next change will be rectal searches with a pitchfork. You first, Mercy.
Sorry, I'm the one that owns the pitch fork. So that will never happen.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #55
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DC
Posts: 13,500
Not after it's removed from your premises without a warrant, and then introduced to your gluteus without a trial.
__________________
_________________
|...............| We live in the nick of times.
| Len 17, Wid 3 |
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #56
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Not after it's removed from your premises without a warrant, and then introduced to your gluteus without a trial.
I knew those liberals were going to pass pitch fork registration and seziure sooner or later. They did pass anti-pitch fork attachment legislation for my rifle once already, so I am really not surprised they would try to take them away eventually. Thank God I have more than one.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #57
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I knew those liberals were going to pass pitch fork registration and seziure sooner or later. They did pass anti-pitch fork attachment legislation for my rifle once already, so I am really not surprised they would try to take them away eventually. Thank God I have more than one.
So you believe you have the right to your pitchfork. You probably justify this opinion with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States of America
Amendment II (1791)
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
I agree that this one is important, but why would you believe that warrantless searches are ok? Isn't that covered in the same document:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States of America
Amendment IV (1791)
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
How can you say the first one is worthy and this one's not?! Who are you to decide which parts of the Constitution are worthy of respect and obedience and which are not?

I have another news flash for you. You can't delegate it away from me either. Just because *you* wish to surrender your rights, doesn't mean you surrender *my* rights. Here's why:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Constitution of the United States of America
Amendment IX (1791)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Amendment X (1791)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mercenary
I don't buy that hype. It is not unchecked.
What part of warrantless searches do you not understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mercenary
I don't think that I or our system have anything to worry about.
You've identified the root cause of the problem.
__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #58
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
"unreasonable searches" key word here... I don't find them to be unreasonable at this point.

"How can you say the first one is worthy and this one's not?! Who are you to decide which parts of the Constitution are worthy of respect and obedience and which are not?" Who are you to say they are or are not? No better than me in that respect, eh?

"What part of warrantless searches do you not understand?" What part of 9/11 do you not understand? What part of terrorism do you not understand? Exactly how often have you traveled to parts of the world where your life is in danger because you are an American before 9/11? What do you do for a living that you feel soooo protected by the ills of people who really do want to kill you and your family and everything about you? It is people that think like you that got us into this mess in the first place and now that concrete steps are taken to change that and prevent future loss you want to dial back the clock. I got news for ya, it ain't happening. Well unless of course Hitlery Clit on is elected and then the Dems will certainly have all the control they desired, and all of the responsibility to keep you safe. Good luck on that last one.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #59
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DC
Posts: 13,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
"What part of warrantless searches do you not understand?" What part of 9/11 do you not understand? What part of terrorism do you not understand?
So the feds were waiting on a warrant when the planes took off on 9-11? If only they had some way to act immediately and get a retroactive warrant 72 hours later...
__________________
_________________
|...............| We live in the nick of times.
| Len 17, Wid 3 |
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #60
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
So the feds were waiting on a warrant when the planes took off on 9-11? If only they had some way to act immediately and get a retroactive warrant 72 hours later...
My friend. If you think that 9/11 was the first time we were engaged in trying to find, hunt down, capture, or kill terrorists around the world you have some schooling to do.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.