The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-23-2003, 02:42 AM   #16
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
smuggle snacks
"Snacks?" Hah! Wee little "snacks" are for sissies. My brother and I, on two occasions, have smuggled pairs of large pizzas into a movie, just for the sport of it. It's big fun, and you get some interesting reactions from fellow movie-goers when they smell pizza and see the bounty that has been secreted into the theater. Har!
Old 12-23-2003, 04:24 AM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

IF the letter gets read passed the first page, it'll be by a bored secretary. Business executives won't read anything longer than 1 page, unless it comes from higher up.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 06:11 AM   #18
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
I think there's too many bad vibes out there in the world this holdiay season.
I was thinking the same thing.

Three pages will be helpful when they fire him and he starts a lawsuit. They may not read all of it now but it'll be useful in the long run.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 06:57 AM   #19
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
IF the letter gets read passed the first page, it'll be by a bored secretary. Business executives won't read anything longer than 1 page, unless it comes from higher up.
Yes, but in MANY cases, that bored secretary will bring something written in a lucid, polite, and coherent manner to the attention of "da boss." I worked in the office of the president for a national credit card company for over a year, and the "You shitbags stole money from me" letter was ALWAYS given the standard response, while a letter like the one above garnered immediate "personal attention" of the President. It's like that at my present job, as well.

I will bend over backward to help someone who approaches me respectfully, and I'll stonewall those that curse and yell. Every time.
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:04 AM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_pastrami

"Snacks?" Hah! Wee little "snacks" are for sissies.
Pizza is a snack.

Good job.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #21
Slartibartfast
|-0-| <-0-> |-0-|

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_pastrami

"Snacks?" Hah! Wee little "snacks" are for sissies. My brother and I, on two occasions, have smuggled pairs of large pizzas into a movie, just for the sport of it. It's big fun, and you get some interesting reactions from fellow movie-goers when they smell pizza and see the bounty that has been secreted into the theater. Har!
Best I ever smuggled was a liter soda and a foot long hero with all the fix'ens. I do it on principle as I am offended by overpriced movie food.
I've also smuggled in White Castles, Big Macs, chicken parm sandwich, I make it a point to always walk in with some food.

But dammit, I never took in a whole pie! Now don't tell me how you did it, cuz I'm gunna figure it out and do it myself when I go see Return of the King!
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 12:52 PM   #22
warch
lurkin old school

If its not too late, I would change all the references to "Troy" to "Mr. Taylor" or "Troy Taylor". Good job. You could also shoot in something like ' I realize that this time of year can be stressful and that this particular evening was very busy. Still, these are no excuses for Mr. Taylor's rude, offensive, and unprofessional behavior." then you precut any whiney excuse Taylor could offer.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 01:40 PM   #23
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
On several occasions, I have been surprised at the effectiveness of a letter to a company, even a long one. For instance, my wife and I were treated rudely by a sales rep at the jewelry store where we bought her wedding ring... we had come back to ask some questions about the stone, there was some kind of marking which appeared on the outer surface which wouldn't wash off. The store manager there was rude and condescending, depite the fact that my wife and I had come in without complaint, only questions.

So I sent a 2-3 page letter (I forget how long exactly), and within a couple days the regional manager called, arranged to travel to Salt Lake to meet with us, and brought some new diamonds from which we could choose any to trade with my wife's main diamond. She was very apologetic, and very thorough, and gave us a box of some kick-ass cookies (I don't know if "Ben's Cookies" is a chain, but if you have one nearby, they're yummy).

So, one never knows. I have seen companies that go out of their way to help dissatisfied customers, and I have seen companies that don't give a rat's ass. We'll see which way Cinemark leans.
Quote:
Originally posted by warch
If its not too late, I would change all the references to "Troy" to "Mr. Taylor" or "Troy Taylor". Good job. You could also shoot in something like ' I realize that this time of year can be stressful and that this particular evening was very busy. Still, these are no excuses for Mr. Taylor's rude, offensive, and unprofessional behavior." then you precut any whiney excuse Taylor could offer.
Good suggestions... I'll revise.
Old 12-23-2003, 04:15 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, I'll just slink off with my tail between my legs as I have been sounding overridden. Give 'em hell.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:36 PM   #25
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Personally, I hope they poke a scalding hot poker right into that fuckers eyeball...*sigh* A girl can dream...

At any rate, good luck with your letter, and blessings to your family.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:48 PM   #26
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

HP nice well thought out letter . That may work but if it doesn't there is always this ,
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2003, 06:42 PM   #27
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

when writing one of those letters, my wife always seems to work, " I would rather shop naked at K-Mart than to patronize your business again" into it. It doesn't really fit into the context of your letter, but maybe as a title?

I'm beginning to think that she just really wants to shop naked at kmart.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 07:11 PM   #28
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

take lots of pics dude
Old 12-23-2003, 07:27 PM   #29
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Sorry to hear about your aunts.

Good job on the movie business. Even if you don't get any response (and you probably will), there's something satisfying about just complaining.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 07:45 PM   #30
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Yes, but in MANY cases, that bored secretary will bring something written in a lucid, polite, and coherent manner to the attention of "da boss." I worked in the office of the president for a national credit card company for over a year, and the "You shitbags stole money from me" letter was ALWAYS given the standard response, while a letter like the one above garnered immediate "personal attention" of the President. It's like that at my present job, as well.

I will bend over backward to help someone who approaches me respectfully, and I'll stonewall those that curse and yell. Every time.
I agree with Onyx - I get many letters and the ones that are polite, to the point and (even if they are lengthy) give me an accurate description of what is causing/caused the problem are much easier to read and deal with that the ones that just say "you fucking suck. You denied my claim. You bitch."