The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
downside
a shadow in the dark...

Why Do People Hate the USA

With the WTC cleanup nearly complete, the question I have in my mind is why. I understand if you don't agree with our religions, our government or our econimic growth. But why hate us for ?

The Citizens of my country are, at times, cocky in thinking we are the best country in the world. At times, they can be hateful against other countries and laugh at other customs. The difference between us and the terrorists is that we don't act on those things.

We believe that everyone has a right to choose for themselves, and to live their own lives. So although we do not understand, or may not like other customs, we wouldn't attack for the sake of them being different. The attacks on us were just that. They don't like our views or our living conditions. So they attacked us.

That, to me, is ridiculous. If I didn't like your shirt, I might laugh at it. If I am a big jerk, I'll taunt you and humilate you. But just because I don't like your shirt, I wouldn't try to kill you. That's what this was. Opinions differed and one side sucker punched the other side. Why couldn't they just accept that we, over here, can do what we want, and they what they want.

Does anyone understand?
downside is offline   Reply With Quote