FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #11146
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Attachment 48020

"hump yard" has something to do with trains? Yes, no, maybe?
Old 06-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #11147
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I knew I'd ran across that phrase somewhere. I think it was when I was into scanners/ham/shortwave radio. I think I had a bunch of scanner freqencies for the L&N (Louisville-Nashville, later CSX) Railroad yard out of Nashville. I believe a few of those frequencies were labeled 'hump yard'. Maybe.

Thanx, Carruthers. BTW, the narrator on your vid almost put me to sleep.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #11148
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ever wonder what 0% body fat would look like?

Name:  fat7.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  32.3 KB
Name:  fat5.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  56.0 KB
Name:  fat6.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  56.3 KB

"Witness The Fitness"...Yeah, don't he look like the very acme of health and fitness?

And just how the hell does this walking skeleton get a girl that looks like that?

I'm just glad she's not as skeletal as he is...When they screwed it would sound like a frenzied game of Yahtzee, what with all those bones rattling around together.

Link

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 06-09-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #11149
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

In the not too distant past when you went to a fair, carnival, or other attraction, there would be tents or booths selling food. More recently there's been a transition to food trucks.

Now the food trucks are making the leap from support staff to being the attraction. WTF?
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #11150
Nirvana
Back in 10

xoxoxoBruce have you been out in public in the USA? Food is an attraction! Just when I think no one can be that fat I see someone fatter! I feel so bad for them and then I see something like this WTF?

Name:  wtfidunno.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  40.8 KB
Old 06-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #11151
glatt

We have a lot of food trucks around here. A lot.

But people just buy lunch there. What is the draw of a food truck festival? Are you going to start at one truck and just keep eating your way down the line? You can only eat one lunch. Right? So you have 500 trucks and you wander around looking at all the options and reading all the menus until you decide on one, where you eat, and then you go home? I'd rather go to McDonalds, and I hate McDonalds.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:38 PM   #11152
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That was what puzzled me, glatt. Nirvana is right in that we demand food be available 24-7, everywhere we might be, but the attraction of parking lot full of food trucks is beyond me.

Food trucks serving working people has a long tradition, making convenience a reasonable choice, but those food truck rodeos are nuts.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #11153
glatt

Washington DC 2014
Name:  food truck.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  86.9 KB
Old 06-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #11154
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
What is the draw of a food truck festival?
Perhaps it's a festival for the trucks that are available in the marketplace (like an outdoor show, or a home show, or the CES) for such activity.

And, even, if it's what it sounds like...Shit, man, at lunch take your pick of Steak On A Stick, Deep Fried Steak On A Stick, deep fried cotton candy, deep fried candy bars, twinkies, pretzels, corn dogs, deep fried grease, deep fried butter, tacos, deep fried, of course, deep fried deep fryers...I guarantee there is (has been) a deep fried food truck.

Prolly.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #11155
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!

"Where there's a will, there's a way."
Old 06-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #11156
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The truck was not built around the cat, there was a way in, so there's a way out. I can't even.

Quote:
Errand Frazier of Vero Beach wasn't quite sure what to do at first when he heard purring coming from his Chevy pickup, parked outside his house in late May. He couldn't see anything and wasn't sure exactly where it was, or even what type of animal was in there. So, he left an open can of cat food under one of the tires and set up a camera to try to get to the bottom of it. When he came back the next morning, the food was gone, but there was nothing on the video, he said.

Thinking he had lost his mind, he went on an impromptu fishing trip to clear his head. When he got to the canal, the purring started again. Taking matters into his own hands, he reached for his toolbox, took out some sheet metal cutters and cut back the metal on the side of the truck bed. As he peeled it back, he spotted a kitten.
Errand Frazier is being described as a hero and similar terms. Nope, he's a fucking moron.
This unknown animal he heard purring, not in pain screaming, not panicky whining, not desperate scratching, purring.
He didn't know what to do.
How about talking to somebody who knows about animals? Take a hint from the Village People, S.P.C.A.
How about talking to someone who knows about how trucks are built? Shouldn't be hard to find a garage or body shop with a resident animal lover.
If nobody can help, it's your truck, cut away... with your wife's permission.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #11157
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

An open can of tuna (tuna woks better than cat food) could have saved him some trouble.

And a gaping hole in his truck.

Good on him for saving the kitten. I guess.

Old 06-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #11158
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Woks?

My 'r' migrated.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #11159
glatt

WTF? Where is that guy going with the spatula?
Name:  spatula.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  106.6 KB
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #11160
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
The perspective on the photo is a bit off; that's not a giant Marilyn statue behind him on the ground, it's a tiny Marilyn shuttlecock about to hit the camera. He just whapped it with the spatula he uses as a badminton racquet. His follow through is good but he's leading with the wrong foot. We're working on it with him.

Tags
humor