The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
mrnoodle
bent

Angry MLM = morons losing money

I have had it up to my eyeballs with MLM people. Melaleuca, Quixstar/Amway, all of em. I'm sick of people pretending to be a friend, only to find that they're lubing you up for the Mystery Meeting at a restaurant to talk about "the Plan." I don't believe you when you say that you get a $5,000 check in the mail every month -- if by chance you ARE telling the truth, you got it by selling "training materials" at 400% markup to your "downline," which is an abominable misuse of trust and so-called friendship.

When I say I'm not interested, guess what? I'm not interested. I don't care to hear that "it's not a pyramid scheme," because it is. I don't want to hear that Quixstar is different from Scamway, because it's not. I don't want to hear "if it was such a bad thing, the government would've shut it down," because the government is the only thing more corrupt and misleading than your so called "business." I don't believe that you are the most closest and bestest friends with your so-called "mentor," and I don't believe he makes $45 million dollars a year simply by virtue of his winning smile and deep concern for my financial well-being.

I think you still believe the shit that these cults are shoveling into your pliant, eager, empty skull only because you've sunk a bunch of money and time into "the Plan" and are hoping beyond hope that it's not all hogwash, and that someday, the 48-pack toilet paper rolls bought by your "downline" will add up to enough money to erase the fact that your friends and family cringe every time you approach. (rants should have run-on sentences)

I don't care how much money "the corporation" makes, how much it's grown in the last 50 years, whether or not it made the Forbes 20 or 400 or whatever number. It's not a real business. It's organized thievery, and the only people who are successful are the ones who aid and abet the crime lords that run the company.

You do not make money by convincing your acquaintances to buy off-brand hand soap (don't start with your "we carry name-brand items that every family uses" spiel or I'll brain you with a shovel). You make money by convincing people to convince people to convince people to convince people that they should go to conventions and buy tapes and books. Period. They make em for a dollar, sell em to 'diamonds' for 2 dollars, who sell em to 'emeralds' for 3, who sell em to Direct Distributor Whatevertheyares for 4, who sell em to you for 7. If 500 newbies come to a convention and all buy 3 tapes and 4 books, SOMEONE is truly "realizing financial independence." That person is not you. It's the pinky-ring-wearing snake oil salesman behind the podium and his poofy haired, faux-diamond-encrusted trophy hag, who carry literal sacks of cash out of the venue and into their American-made McLuxury car.

I want to vomit.

no, it didn't happen to me. At least not recently. It's happening to a very good friend of mine who is trying to support his family and is about to piss away a good chunk of change and time. What's worse is the in-road that his "friend" is using to suck him in. Hell, I'll just come out with it. Our drummer has a new acquaintance who allegedly plays bass, has some talent, and is looking for a gig. Well, we're sitting around with the guy the other day talking music, when suddenly here comes the spiel. I just rolled my eyes, as did mike, but nate's going through a rough patch financially and you could see that vacant far-off look come into his eyes when the dude started talking about his residual bonus checks.

I would've almost believed him if...get this.... HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY BASS GEAR BECAUSE HE HAD TO SELL IT FOR LIVING EXPENSES. Um. That extra $30k doesn't go as far as it used to, I guess. Which won't matter, because if one of us doesn't buy into his amway bullshit, the chances of even seeing him again are zero. These cultists only look for people to recruit, everyone else is an unmotivated loser in their eyes.

I want to talk to my friend about it, but if I don't cool down I'll say the wrong thing and mess things up with us and with the band. The programming quixtar's followers receive is thorough, I'll give em that much.

Last edited by mrnoodle; 03-10-2005 at 02:36 PM.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote