The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 07-08-2016, 06:34 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

The Vote Trade Thread

Classic and I both being Pennsylvanians are in the position to trade away our right to vote for the lesser of two profoundly evil candidates. We've agreed to vote for the best available candidate knowing that our votes would have cancelled if this was a gun to the head 2 person race. Now I'm looking at Gary, Jill, and Bernie.

The two parties are collapsing under the weight of their own anti-American actions.

My recommendation is that if you vote you vote for your best possible candidate and find someone from the other side of the table you trust to trade away the bullshit culpability party hacks will try to lay on you.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm looking for just that person.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

What are these lies? If lies exist, then where is this list of lies? Adults who are adults must see facts long before making any conclusion. That list is easily posted with details for each - if lies are so egregious. Wacko extremists never provide ta list with supporting facts. Too much knowledge for their target audience - adults who are still children. Adults whose eyes glaze over with details.

We see a government in total grid lock due to a minority of people such as Ted Cruz style congressmen and people such as Rush who said, "We want America to fail." Since failure empowers extremists at the expense of moderates. Power comes from people told to know an apocalypse is coming.

Where is this coming apocalypse. It almost happened when extremist even sexed up facts to waste almost $3 trillion in Iraq. How did we avert a Great Depression with 40% unemployment? Wackos in the George Jr administration were silenced by moderates (ie Paulson) in that administration. Our economy was literally hours away from financial seizure. An apocalypse averted because moderates replaced extremists - who even tried to put Social Security into stock markets.

Why paint all with a broad brush when people such as Trump get power by only preaching the same apocalyptic message to the naive. Problems exist. But things are getting better. We are still undoing intentional lies and damage by the George Jr administration. Why is your internet and phone so much more than elsewhere in the world? Why are drugs intentionally 40% more expensive than in Canada? These were intentionally created by extremists. We have not yet undone all their damage. Meanwhile America continues to recover from wackos who even sexed up facts to invent Saddam's WMDs.

Numerous problems must be addressed. That is life. How many mocked Obama for addressing a nationwide problem demonstrated by Henry Luce Gates. A white cop arrested a black professor for trying to break into his own house. A problem even observed in the Cellar when some literally denied that problem existed. Extremists even blamed Prof Gates for his own arrest. A serious problem is not a white cop arresting a black professor. So many who just knew it must not be true because they feel it is not true. That is the problem. People who know without first learning.

Extremists should be mocked for 'knowing' only because they heard it on the internet; therefore it must be true. Adults who act like adults first learn facts before knowing anything. A post is wasted bandwidth if it does not list those lies. An adult says the list does not exist. So those lies are mythical.

Where is this apocalypse that so many tell me. In every case, they get emotional or angry when I ask for details. Ironically, everyone is a strong Donald Trump supporter. They need not learn facts before knowing what is truth. Then lies (and not reality) easily become their truth.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
glatt

Did you mean to post that in another thread, tw?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:52 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
I'm looking for just that person.
Excellent.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cousindigr asked his dad once, "If everybody running is a crook, how do ya decide who to vote for?".

His dad said "Vote for the crook that can get things done.".

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #7
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Griff, I'm going with #FeeltheJohnson
There is nothing that would ever make me vote for Hillary and only one thing that could make me even consider Trump ... and that one thing is Hillary.

I was talking with one of my lifelong best friends about this exact deal. He is SO scared of Trump that he is thinking maybe just maybe he needs to vote for her just in case. I told him to make the deal also.

Furthermore, we need a third party to gain some relevance. This, more than any other, is the year to do it.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

Both parties are in deep crap if they want to remain numerically relevant. They both cling to power but neither seems interested in people or good governance. Talked to father and son Trumpets yesterday, the other son looked very amused with my footwork as i danced around the topic.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I agree both parties have bought into the greed is good dogma, but remember the first actual third party force, the teaparty, has brought Washington to a standstill.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
Griff
still says videotape

True enough but rewarding bad behavior doesn't change anything.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Rewarding bad behavior is reelecting the same drones, clean up the system we have is much easier and smarter than trying to invent a new one.