The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
Imigo Jones
Tornado Ali

Location: Used to be woods in town on prairie; now Emerald City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I'm grateful for his service and all, but he looks like Easy Reader from The Electric Company...or maybe a pimp.
GD, Morgan Freeman's face a little, but when Freeman played Easy Reader, he usually had a huge afro and wore fancy threads.
"Pimp" in that pic not at all. Especially not with those Purple Hearts. Oh, except what, he's black?
Quote:
A tear escaped down Rudy Thomas's face as the entire room of newly minted American citizens exploded in applause.

'I wish my son Rudy were here for this,' Thomas said.
'Believe me, he is,' said fellow vet Vecchio, giving him a comrade-in-arms hug.
Good for Mr. Thomas!
Quote:
'For the last 40 years I thought of myself as a proud American,' Thomas was saying yesterday.
Reading a statement worded like this, I can't help but think a certain potential First Lady would benefit from knowing Rudy.
Imigo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imigo Jones View Post
GD, Morgan Freeman's face a little, but when Freeman played Easy Reader, he usually had a huge afro and wore fancy threads.
"Pimp" in that pic not at all. Especially not with those Purple Hearts. Oh, except what, he's black?
1. I don't know what Electric Company you watched, but the Easy Reader I remember never had a 'huge afro', and didn't wear fancy threads. He wore worn out jeans and a vest with lots of patches on it.
2. I HIGHLY RESENT YOU IMPLYING THAT I AM A RACIST. ("Oh, except what, he's black?")
3. Did you read the first five words of my post, or did you skip on down to where you found something you could cry about?

I am thankful to anyone and everyone who served in Viet Nam, but perhaps for a selfish reason. Because any one of those who went, may have been the reason my father (who was in the US Army at the time) didn't have to go. And I will forever be thankful for that.

BTW, your name "Imigo Jones"? Yeah, that sounds kinda pimpish...Maybe you should drop "Imigo" and go with "velvet". Yeah, Velvet Jones. Has a ring to it, no?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 07-22-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spite
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
BTW, your name "Imigo Jones"? Yeah, that sounds kinda pimpish...Maybe you should drop "Imigo" and go with "velvet". Yeah, Velvet Jones. Has a ring to it, no?
Wow, you really do see pimps everywhere don't you?
Is it because Imigo's black?

BTW Imigo I always meant to ask when you changed the n to an m.
Is it a pimp thing then?

Jesus Jones would be better imo. But I guess that's a bit too 90s.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
Imigo Jones
Tornado Ali

Location: Used to be woods in town on prairie; now Emerald City
Gravdigr, let's see whether we can resolve some of these issues without more hostility. I get the feeling that you might be going after me in the "Super Sucker" thread, too, though I haven't opened it--just saw your name as most recent poster.
Quote:
1. I don't know what Electric Company you watched, but the Easy Reader I remember never had a 'huge afro', and didn't wear fancy threads. He wore worn out jeans and a vest with lots of patches on it.

How I remember Easy Reader.
If he later had the look you describe, particularly a vest full of patches, then I'm sorry to have missed the association you were making.
Quote:
2. I HIGHLY RESENT YOU IMPLYING THAT I AM A RACIST. ("Oh, except what, he's black?")
Capital letters present and accounted for.
Okay, then, GD, you'll have to explain your "he looks like . . . a pimp" comment to me. I had said I got the Morgan Freeman face (actually, Rudy's much older looking than Easy Reader-era Freeman), but why add that Rudy looks like a pimp? I'm not entirely implying you're a racist, but I am questioning what possible reason there could be for equating Rudy with a pimp. In your indignation, you have sailed past the first opportunity to answer the question.
Quote:
3. Did you read the first five words of my post, or did you skip on down to where you found something you could cry about?
Of course I read every word of your post. Those first 5-7 words don't seem to have any bearing on the "pimp" remark.
Quote:
I've never pimped, in the traditional sense. Name calling--I guess you feel you're on a roll with these tenuous associations. But I don't feel you're justified in being so upset, sorry.

BTW, GD: Sundae Girl gets the name thing. (SG, maybe I'll reply more to your post later.) But now I'm off to open that other thread. Fun awaits.
Imigo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hmmm, earring, 4 necklaces, bracelet, flashy belt buckle, outlandish clothes... yeah, pimp works.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
glatt

You are both right.

Easy Reader wore jeans and a vest.

But Morgan Freeman played another character on Electric Company named Mel Mounds the DJ, and he dressed like a pimp. The picture above in post #15 is Mel Mounds, not Easy Reader.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote