The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Munchkin
Colloquialist

Unfortunately, the parents arent usually the ones that have a say in the curriculum. It is the school board the state and the administration. Parents can get angry, and approach these people...but its not a majority rules situation. Of course the majority can vote out the currernt board members, but they cant do much about the administration... the state either, unless they vote out all of their reps. Its unfortunate, but in public schools, the curriculum is about what is best to teach these kids before we turn them loose on society, not about the preferences of the parent. That is why parents have the option to send their child to private school. I know it is costly, and it is not an option for many. But that is just the sad state of the world today. You can also home school your child.
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
jaguar
whig

OnyxCougar: I don't own a car, why should I pay for roads? I my house has never burnt down, who do I have to pay for those damn firefighters. Haven't needed surgery for a while either, damn surgeons on easy street with my tax dollars.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
twentycentshift
change three times

is it just me, or is anyone else having a hard time following what jordon is saying?

i'd like to discuss this issue with himher, but i can't figure out specifically what he/she's all about. no, i think i do know what he/she's all about, but i can't make any sense of what he/she's saying.

is it just me?
twentycentshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentycentshift
is it just me?
No, it's not just you. Jordon hasn't said anything concrete yet, just a random talking point followed by picking apart the style rather than substance of responses and complaining about percieved hypocracy. Rinse, repeat.

He's answered direct questions only twice, both times to beg the question.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
jaguar
whig

no, it's what happens when a bigot tries to appear reasonable.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
twentycentshift
change three times

i agree with that monkey.....sounds to me more like a threat of violence than a worthwhile discussion. the word "fag" followed by a reference to the violent murder of a homosexual man sounds more like hate-mongering than any kind of reasonable argument.

does anyone here know if this jordon person is likely to be capable of violence? this sounds too close for comfort. if i were in any way in charge of monitoring this forum, i would be alerted to the "call to violence" that i read in jordon's post.
twentycentshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #7
Jordon
Coronation Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentycentshift
"call to violence"

Don't get your petticoats in a bunch, sister. That's no more a "call to violence" than predicting that Iran is about to have their asses handed to them. There is a vast differance between tolerance and endorsement, and by targeting seven year olds for indoctrination into the gay agenda, gays are setting back their cause by light years. Gay marriage was shot down in state after state in the last election. The pendulum is swinging back in the other direction now, and the results will be seen across the nation, not just Wyoming. It may be time to think about redecorating your closets.
Jordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #8
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon
...It may be time to think about redecorating your closets.
Already done mine. See?

http://www.pinkpistols.org

Last edited by MaggieL; 04-25-2006 at 08:48 PM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
Jordon
Coronation Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Already done mine. See?

A perfect example of dykedom by virtue of the fact that no man would put his dick in that much fuglitude.:p
Old 04-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
Jordon
Coronation Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Already done mine. See?

Oh, and someone please call the Office of Homleand Security. We seem to have a call to violence here. I just about died laughing just now.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon
Oh, and someone please call the Office of Homleand Security. We seem to have a call to violence here. I just about died laughing just now.
You just keep on laughing, Scooter; that intended-to-initimidate "get beck in the closet" line was a real hoot.

Actually, it's a call to self-defense. DHS already knows all about me, since I'm licenced for concealed carry in 29 states. Apparently they don't have a problem.

Our chapter meets once a month for lunch and then adjourns to the range for practice. There's something in excess of 35 local chapters nationwide.

It's just not as safe as it used to be to pull a Matthew Shepard; bashers had best choose their victims very carefully--as my partner said during some local media coverage a few years ago "some of the sheep have teeth now".

So next time you think the "pendulum has swung", just remeber there's more than one pendulum in motion.

Oh, by the way...image credit for that last post: Oleg Volk

Last edited by MaggieL; 04-25-2006 at 10:51 PM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Ibby
erika

Jordon... once again, you have ignored everything that speaks against what you are saying.

Quote:
...and by targeting seven year olds for indoctrination into the gay agenda...
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? Gay people are a new underground cult or something now, trying to subvert the nation's youth? The only "agenda" gay people have as a whole is to not be discriminated against, which is only set back by people like you.

Who's to say the person who put that book into the school's curriculum was even gay? You dont have to be gay to not be prejudiced and discriminatory against gay people, or to try to prevent people from being such.

And, for reasons ALREADY ESTABLISHED, there IS no 'indoctrination'. Telling people that there is a such thing as gay people is not 'indoctrination', it is a statement of FACT. We all know how great you are about responding to other people's posts, but IF you have any logical justification for your bigotry, please do explain.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #13
mrnoodle
bent

Let me give this a shot...

I think there is a large group of people who don't "hate" gays but don't want to see homosexuality promoted to children. I don't know if it's just because of bad PR or what, but to many (otherwise bigotry-free) people, gayness is nothing more than a desire to perform unnatural sex acts in as disgusting a manner as possible. This opinion is reinforced when gay pride parades come to town -- what is it that they're proud of? Assless leather pants? Or just their ability to make breeders squirm by dry humping each other on Main Street?

If this isn't what being gay is all about, why is that all we see until a court case comes up? Suddenly, when confronted with a TV reporter, they ditch the leather pants in favor of suits and ties, and the issue becomes, "We just want to love who we choose. What's so wrong with that?"

Totally apart from issues of religion, public decency, marriage, etc. etc., there is a huge disconnect between the way gay people want to be defined and the way they allow their fringe element to define them. Which is it? Freedom to love who you choose, or freedom to blow truckers in rest stops?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:59 PM   #14
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
Which is it? Freedom to love who you choose, or freedom to blow truckers in rest stops?
Why can't it be both?

(so sorry. couldn't help myself. Carry on.)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
Let me give this a shot...

I think there is a large group of people who don't "hate" gays but don't want to see homosexuality promoted to children. I don't know if it's just because of bad PR or what, but to many (otherwise bigotry-free) people, gayness is nothing more than a desire to perform unnatural sex acts in as disgusting a manner as possible. This opinion is reinforced when gay pride parades come to town -- what is it that they're proud of? Assless leather pants? Or just their ability to make breeders squirm by dry humping each other on Main Street?

If this isn't what being gay is all about, why is that all we see until a court case comes up? Suddenly, when confronted with a TV reporter, they ditch the leather pants in favor of suits and ties, and the issue becomes, "We just want to love who we choose. What's so wrong with that?"

Totally apart from issues of religion, public decency, marriage, etc. etc., there is a huge disconnect between the way gay people want to be defined and the way they allow their fringe element to define them. Which is it? Freedom to love who you choose, or freedom to blow truckers in rest stops?
Unnatural is not exactly an accurate descriptor... it is completely natural, common to many species across the board, not just mammals.
Promote, is not an accurate description of what is happening either. Education of something that is a fact of life, is.
Will someone please answer my question... I have been studying Christianity for over twenty years and was in Seminary prep for a year in college and have yet to get an answer that is logical... other than a Bishop who said "it is not a sin and it makes not sense to me... in the Middle ages we used to perform same sex marriages. A little known fact." He was a hip dude.