The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 08-26-2006, 04:51 AM   #1
Kayami
Kinda New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
People that have been fucked over, and maybe even more so, for people who've provided a shoulder to others that have been damaged, tend to build a list of flags/signs/patterns that indicate bad behavior. We all do it to some extent, it's only natural. It's also natural to add to, or modify, that list by applying personal pet peeves and hot buttons.

Some people become a walking, talking, early warning system, but as someone once said, if your looking for trouble, you'll find it.

Keeping in mind that every person and every situation is unique, will temper the temptation to condemn everyone that sets off your alarms. After all, those alarms should be cautions not automatic convictions.

In affairs of the heart, use your head, but don't discard your gut. The gut feelings, sixth sense, vibes, what ever you call it, are a valuable resource when balanced with rational/logical thinking.

Besides, it's better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all....as long as you practice damage control.

She wants him, so she will have him. So let her learn. She came here seeking advice, yet she is ignoring it. It's her heart and checkbook, why care.

This guy is a repeat screw up....his mother washed her hands of him for Pete's sake...that alone is an alarm that is the most loud.

She'll be here next year screaming emotional victim of a relationship gone bad or something.
Kayami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I never said that he didn't fuck up. I know he did, but the sentance is more than should have been dealt given the crime. It was also his probation officer saying one thing and doing another. I didn't come on here for advice on whether or not to dump him, I just wanted to be able to unload on some people I thought would be the last to pass judgement because no one here is innocent.

When I said that there was something my fault, that was in response to DanaC's questions. In that particular incident, it was my fault, and that has no bearing on the happenings right now.

And about his mother, it is not just what he tells me, it is what I see myself. She is a royal bitch. No matter what he does, she bitches at him and expects him to be at her beck and call. He has never once said that she is the reason he has made mistakes. He takes the blame for them.

But like I said, I never wanted this to be about whether or not I should stay with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayami
She'll be here next year screaming emotional victim of a relationship gone bad or something.
No I won't.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Bbro - relax a little - many here are genuinely concerned and you may have taken their comments out of context. They/We have lived a lot of life and are just giving you honest, unbiased opinions. Take 'em or leave 'em its up to you. By the way - no one here is passing judgement on anyone - at least not that I have seen in my time.
By the way - you said he was 36, how old are you again??
Good luck with everything.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
If she just wanted to unload without any advice she could have written herself a letter and then burned it.
Next time I will
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro
I never said that he didn't fuck up. I know he did, but the sentance is more than should have been dealt given the crime.
What did he do? You won't say. All you say is that the punishment didn't fit the crime--that's what everybody in jail says: I'm being unfairly treated. I didn't really think I'd go to jail for not following the rules! Look, you're on probation, you keep your nose spotlessly clean. (and I've been on probation--it was enough for me, thanks) It's supposed to be a wakeup call and guess what? He didn't wake up.

Stay with him, by all means. It sounds like true love.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 08-28-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote