The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 06-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #16
elti69
Jotter of Notes

excuse my ignorance but what is a korean style kiss?
elti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:22 AM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by elti69
excuse my ignorance but what is a korean style kiss?
See, that's what I like about the French--so willing to ask questions!

Ok--a Korean style kiss is...spicy
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #18
elti69
Jotter of Notes

meaning?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #19
mrnoodle
bent

less bland than kissing a french person?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:34 PM   #20
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
we have a different point of view on the european constitution but the populations do not hate each other, or change their fries names...
Who said that all Americans hated the French? I think the French are a bit goofy and snooty, but do I hate them? Not at all...hell, I'm part French.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #21
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm part French as well. I like to think it's my snooty, contrary part that is so French
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 06-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #22
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I'm part French as well. I like to think it's my snooty, contrary part that is so French
I think the cheesesteak thing also shows it...the French like crappy food. ;-)
Old 06-17-2005, 05:53 AM   #23
elti69
Jotter of Notes

crappy food?
what are you talking about?
We have along with the italians the best food in the world... it's not all fried or tasteless like american food...
Old 06-17-2005, 07:34 AM   #24
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Thanks, elti69, for reinforcing the stereotype. SIGH.
Look, we all know the French eat plenty of disgusting shit so come off it. At least be honest. And saying all American food is fried or tasteless seems a bit prejudicial to say the least. What about Krispy Kreme's, hmmmmm? Ever hear of those?*

(*this is sarcasm, elti. sarcasm--I'm making a joke you snooty, contrary twit.)

—James Barrie

Old 06-17-2005, 07:40 AM   #25
elSicomoro

Quote:
We have along with the italians the best food in the world... it's not all fried or tasteless like american food...
Now see, there you go with your broad generalizations again. And you wonder why a lot of Americans dislike the French?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:45 AM   #26
elti69
Jotter of Notes

well It might be disgusting for your eyes but I HIGLY doubt you guys have ever tasted Snails, or even frog legs... Which I might say are DELICIOUS if well prepared... it sounds pretty disgusting I admit but it is really good... Now don't tak this the wrong way... we do not eat snails or frog legs every day... it's a celebration meal...
as far as the regular food goes we have got some pretty nice things you'd love... Saucisson,croissant, pain au chocolat, Baguette, all kinds of cheese (not tasteless like the BRIE or Cheddar you guys know about) etc...
when I said tasteless I mean everything in the USA has to be purified, aspetisied, etc... You cant make good cheese with pasturized milk...

As far as Krispy Kreme's go... I have never tasted them... they're donuts rights?

Last edited by elti69; 06-17-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #27
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Frog legs and snails are not that freaky a food here, we do eat them--at least, some American's eat them (American's who aren't afraid of eating monster parts, anyway.) All my cousins on the East Coast eat all that shit and more. If it's slimey and gross, they're into it. Of course croissants and baguettes and all that is delicious. I can't say I've ever had French made cheese, but I have had Irish Cheddar and some other very good cheeses. Just because we have more McDonalds than any other land does not mean we all eat there.

And, besides. We saved your butt from the Germans. So there.

Oh, yeah, Krispy Kreme's are indeed but I think they are uber-gross. I like a I can dunk in my Krispy Kreme's just melt into goo.

—James Barrie

Old 06-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #28
elti69
Jotter of Notes

Saved our asses from germany OK... but if we're talking history now have you ever heard of MARQUIS DE LAFAYETTE?

Has for the golden arches, I enjoy them once in a while.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #29
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Major General Marquis De Lafayette? No, I hadn't heard of him--I just Google'd him now. Thanks for the history lesson!

—James Barrie

Old 06-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #30
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Never had French-made cheese? That's just ridiculous, and I refuse to believe it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote