The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Is this a continuation of the eggshells thread? Or another, similar situation? Either way - I wish you well and refer you, as others have, to those here who have experience of these things.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #17
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

House schmouse.

I don't see the big deal about 'who gets to keep the house.' For me, it was a hassle I didn't want to go through. I just walked away. It wasn't about winning anything for me it was about surviving. Of course, I make a great ex-wife.

The children make the difference though. Who will they live with? That's when the house is important.

What I hope for you is you get through this with as little pain and stress as possible. I've watched couples fight and bicker and end up hating each other. I also know my grandma and grandpa got along famously after they split, and they were all about their child, my mom, at that point. Another relative did the opposite, and the kids suffered for it greatly. All is OK now, but it wasn't for a long time.

There is no revenge that is good, no vindication that satisfies. It sucks all around and I hope that in the end everyone is as unscathed as possible. Because it's a horrible thing to go through (unless you're a serial marrier, which also makes no sense to me.)

I do hope for your happiness.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #18
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

for me it was about the kid. What is best for the kid? I walked away from the house but my kid stayed there with his dad surrounded by his usual stuff.

It was pure hell on me to leave the kid-not the house. and that's how it felt. Like I was leaving my KID.

Oh, god, if I could only go back and not be such a fuck up. I HAD to leave the kid-I was a mess. At least you are functioning. You'll get a better house. Just think about the kiddies.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote