The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 02-05-2002, 12:29 PM   #1
CyclopONE
Regulator of Squalor

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic
One has to wonder how they could possibly do what they say they're going to when they're selling SuperGizmo Plus Gold Edition for "ONLY NINETEEN NINETY FIVE!" I just don't see how they could possibly recoup any development costs on this amazing product if they're selling it for less than it should cost to put together anyway.
The thing that most of these sales pitch is that they emphasize the "19.95", but quietly say things like "5 EASY payments of *ONLY 19.95!!!*". Anyone that bites on that deserve it.

On a side note, for those of you in the US who may have seen those "Abtronic" commericals or something similar, I've often thought that these devices only emphasize the laziness of American Culture through TV. It irks me so much that I've started writing a short story about a fat guy who watches 8 hours of TV a day (he has a full time job) and gets hooked on Abtronic. Pretty soon, this guy is watching TV while multiple abtronic devices are running on his body. Thighs, abs, calfs, biceps, shoulders, face, you name it.

<Sarcasm>
**LEGAL DISCLAIMER**: The idea contained in the preceding paragraph is copyright, trademark, patent pending, all rights reserved 2002 to me. Use it at your leisure. =)
</Sarcasm>

-Cyc