The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 66,521
What If...

What if we lost WW II, pre-war speculation from a Chicago paper.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,476
What if Trump won't leave in 2020?

The Democrats' scare tactics are really getting desperate.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi fears Trump will refuse to leave White House if he loses close 2020 election
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
slang
Is waiting for horse ride sharing
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: technically homeless
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The Democrats' scare tactics are really getting desperate.
Yes. "it's the beggining of the end", "the walls are closing in"

It's getting good. These guys aren't used to getting owned.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #4
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
The Democrats' scare tactics are really getting desperate.
First its the Daily News. A low key propaganda outfit that also hype fears of criminal hiding everywhere to kill us all.

Second, responsible moderates always consider all possibilities. When the Supreme Court ruled against Nixon, the chief justice demanded a 100% vote one way or another. For many reasons including this one. They had to consider that Nixon would send the Army to occupy the Supreme Court. Things under Nixon had become that unstable.

What the Supremes did not know, staff members in the White House were also just as concerned about Nixon's mental stability and had already taken actions, if necessary, to protect the US from Nixon.

Trump is not a stable man very much like Nixon.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #5
slang
Is waiting for horse ride sharing
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: technically homeless
Posts: 3,401
What will happen next? Are the walls closing in on Trump? Is this ( another ) begining of the end?

Will some recently declassed release from the DOJ put the "sha-zam" on something the dem liars say just moments after they say it? Like they do but legally because Trump declassed it.

Will Trump say "I'm not a crook"? Will Barr outwit the beast with another media narrative hijack?

Will Mueller re-testify that his report found no collusion? Will he testify as to WHEN he knew there was no collusion? Will he testify that he was going to continue the witch hunt until the 2020 election season if Barr had not spanked him and forced him to finish and submit the report?

Will Barr's gardener's tax returns be under subpoena? It's getting good.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #6
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Second, responsible moderates always consider all possibilities. When the Supreme Court ruled against Nixon, the chief justice demanded a 100% vote one way or another. For many reasons including this one. They had to consider that Nixon would send the Army to occupy the Supreme Court. ...
[BOLD MINE]

I disagree. Whacko moderates consider all possibilities. Responsible moderates consider all reasonable possibilities. Every member of the Army takes an oath to support and defend the Constitution and it was well established before Nixon that any orders received had to conform to regulations and the UCMJ both of which are rooted in the Constitution.

It was not reasonable to expect a military coup supporting Nixon over any other branch of government nor is it reasonable to expect a military coup in support of Trump. Other branches of government would have to be in clear violation of the Constitution for that to happen. Likewise for the Army to take action against a President.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #7
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
It was not reasonable to expect a military coup supporting Nixon over any other branch of government nor is it reasonable to expect a military coup in support of Trump.
It was always a possibility back then just like it is possible (but unlikely) that the scumbag Don would also refuse to leave office. We are not talking about honest men here.

With wackos such as the Don, we must always consider these otherwise unlikely scenarios.

Pelosi's comments are unlikely if the White House has people who work for America. But so many of them get fired because they represent America rather than the Don's ego and financial interests.

Wackos are extremists (not moderates) - ie nationalists, White Supremacists, Nazis, Klansmen, people who kill in the name of religion, etc. American patriots are moderates. Extremists are not. Extremists are easily manipulated by soundbyte distortions of words such as freedom, liberty, the flag, patriotism, military loyalty, extremist talk show hosts, fear of learning facts before having a conclusion, etc.

Extremists are most often American citizens who would bomb an Oklahoma City building, attack moderates in the streets of Charlotte, stockpile reams of assault weapons in the name of religious lies, need solutions in big guns, hype more military and more wars (ie Mission Accomplished that still remains), fear immigrants (the most productive people in any nation), attack a pizza parlor because Hilary was operating a pedophile ring in the basement, hate Canadians, hate European and all all other American allies, praise Kim of North Korea, fear vaccines because a blond bimbo actress said so, believe Putin, subvert fundamental scientific research, attack China because they are becoming productive, and therefore vote for Donald Trump.

That is clearly the definition of an uneducated extremist. And not an educated and informed (and therefore patriotic) moderate.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:48 AM   #8
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,476
Your definitions are categorically rejected. The Unabomber had a doctorate in mathematics. "Whacko" can cross all levels of education and the political spectrum. You yourself defy your own definitions and could never be officer material because of it.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:04 AM   #9
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Your definitions are categorically rejected.
A wacko believes other wackos are good people. It is called perspective.

Was he wacko when he got his doctorate? Back then he was not living as a sane man - was not living in a one room cabin hidden in the woods and incapable of doing advanced math.

Sane people know him to be a wacko extremist - not a moderate.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
A wacko believes other wackos are good people. ...
If that were true, then whacko left-wing extremists would think that whacko right-wing extremists are good and vice versa.

They don't.

Your statement is rejected.

The remainder of your post supports my contention that being whacko is not dependent on education level. No one but you introduced the notion that anyone would consider the Unabomber a moderate. Irrelevant discourse since he wasn't used as an example of that.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #11
henry quirk
凸(-_-)凸
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,670
"A wacko believes other wackos are good people."

False: I (a wacko) think you (a wacko) are friggin' awful.

refuted, disputed, trashed, canned, bagged, and left for dead
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
If that were true, then whacko left-wing extremists would think that whacko right-wing extremists are good and vice versa.
Again you are distorting / misrepresenting what wackos do. Wackos promote 'them verse us' distaste or hate. Hate is especially strong among the most extreme right wing. It works on the lesser educated who use emotions to somehow know.

Left and right wackos are little different to the patriots. For different reasons and using different conclusions (some because they want to and other because they do not understand the damage), they want to wreck shit.

Since you reject it, then it must be the truth. The Don said so. Even the internet is not as honest as the Don - your reasoning and henry quirk's.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #13
henry quirk
凸(-_-)凸
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,670
tw: self-confirmed wacko

tw, you do this -- "promote 'them verse us' distaste or hate" -- with every post.

#

"they want to wreck shit"

Only Crom-fearing minarchists like me wanna do that, and we wanna do it to preserve the union (gotta cut the cancer out to save the life)
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #14
sexobon
^it sings^
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Again you are distorting / misrepresenting what wackos do. ..
I have not distorted / misrepresented what you do in any way. You just can't handle the truth.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:55 PM   #15
tw
Read? I only know how to write.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 11,137
[quote=sexobon;1032067You just can't handle the truth.[/QUOTE]
Did you order a Code Red?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.