The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #1
Beletseri
Yeah sez you

So how did the tip go in first if the gun backfired? The nails are loaded tip down. To enter tip first he would have to be pointing it at himself.

The other troublesome thing is the position relative to the eye socket. It looks to me to go right through the middle of the eye socket. Eyes are big, they fill the socket.

I also don't see any indication that the nail is embedded in any bone, it looks to be laying over the top of it rather than in it. That would put it up through through the cheek and you'd feel it. You also wouldn't get the nail head up in bone without shattering it imo.
Beletseri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

I just read the title to this thread a little differently (tired this morning) and it became the punchline for a joke something like:

What happened when someone told this guy to go fuck himself, he did, and then forgot about it.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
glatt

Nailguns can fire nails in rapid succession if the trigger is kept depressed and the user is bouncing the nose off the wood. A not uncommon "misfire" is for a second nail to shoot out, hit the head of the first nail and go ricocheting off in some randomn direction. Usually the second nail will be bent if it does this, but it's possible that this guy got hit with a ricochet.

I remember hearing about a death a couple years ago where a guy was holding a nailgun by his side with the trigger depressed. This is all too common. Only thing is that he was on the edge of a roof, next to a ladder he had just climbed. His brother was following him up the ladder and depresses the "safety" shoe on the gun with the top of his head. Gun immediately fires into the skull of the brother. Dead.

A couple people get killed by them each year. I'm surprised in this day and age that the companies haven't been litigated out of business. America has, I beleive, the highest rate of home ownership in history today, in part because of the nail gun and cost savings it passes on.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:31 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
I just read the title to this thread a little differently (tired this morning) and it became the punchline for a joke something like:

What happened when someone told this guy to go fuck himself, he did, and then forgot about it.
That's understandable...I do that a lot...no, not misread the thread title.