The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 10-20-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
wst3
Simulated Simulacrum

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Bill has some really, really boss guitars, man.
Thanks!!! (The UnderToad pointed me towards this thread...)

Quote:

The Mosrite Ventures model makes me drool. I came within a couple of hours of owning one of these once when I was a teenager. My stepmother was a high school girlfriend of one of the Ventures, and she was supposed to get him to score one for me...but something came up at the last moment, and by the time all was said and done...no Mosrite. Sigh.
I've taken that poor Mosrite to the Philly Guitar Show several times with the intent to sell... but at the last minute I always chickent out!!! It was my first electric guitar, I bought it from the guitarist from Musica Orbis, a West Chester area band way back when<G>, and played it all through high school.

I still drag it out a couple time a year, and it just has this particular sound that I can't get otherwise. The fact that I play it infrequently is what drives me to sell it, the fact that I love the sound prevents me from following trhough<G>!

Same sorta deal with the Duolian... if I were a responsibe guy I'd turn it over to a collector who would appreciate the heritage and whatnot... but it sounds cool, so I keep it!!!

Quote:

I also have a tremendous woody for the Martin D 18 (even though I have a lovely D 28),
Funny how that works... my D-18 is from the late 70s, and I love it (except for the part where it ends up back in Nazareth every so many years for a neck reset - UGH! But, lately I've been really wanting a rosewood dread to compliment the magonany dread. This summer I played an incredible Santa Cruz while up in Maine, and after we settle on the new place my bride has promised me I can go out and buy one!!!!

The Pimentel is an interesting beast, for those so interested... it is a rosewood dread with a very long scale and a neck width more like a classical guitar. Makes it great for fingerstyle playing, not so great for doing the old CSN&Y thing!!!

Quote:

and I have all the admiration in the world for anyone who can play Stick.
Sorry to disappoint... that darned Stick is the toughest thing in the world to play!! I stink the place up with it. I haven't given up yet...

Bill
wst3 is offline   Reply With Quote