The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

date: Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM
subject: Another drive in the red zone of Baghdad
mailed-by: iraq.centcom.mil

Well we still have to roll out around in the red zone here in Baghdad and go and visit places. I was out and about last month heading out over to the airport for some meetings. It is just not the same as getting in the car and heading out to get a pizza and have a cold beverage. I wish it was at times!
We continue to get rocket attacked several times each day, it seems we are losing one solider and having two others injured each day we get attacked here in the Green Zone. You try and guess when you think the incoming rockets are coming and move/work around that.

I was in my bunker last night/early this morning with 10 other people. Monday we got caught up in a pretty intense rocket attack. I was in my bunker with others and one of them was 2 Star Army General who got caught outside and he ran into the bunker with us. We were stuck there for about an hour. We could here the "zip" of incoming rockets really loud, we had 1 rocket impact about 20 yards from the bunker and it blew up rocks and strap metal and it landed all around the bunker and we could smell the gun powder burning around the bunker. It was a bit spooky, but that is life during wartime.

CDR "Road rage.....what road rage!" USN
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I refuse to believe, with all the technology we have in the air, they can't pinpoint those rocket launches.