Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-04-2006, 02:06 AM   #31
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
A scientific study, with a placebo group and a control group.
And a side order of double-blind testing.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:11 AM   #32
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
My personal opinion is that 90% of the battle is fought by the mind anyway...
Norman Cousins was diagnosed with terminal cancer (a not so well known celebrity) and was finishing out his days when he decided to order a copy of all the Three Stooges films ever made. He watched all of them and laughed more than he had ever laughed in his life.

The cancer went into full remission. No one can be sure that his good spirits chased the cancer away or wether a physiological justification exists for what happened but nonetheless it happened. One's mental attitude seems to have some kind of effect on cancer.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 AM   #33
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

cure for cancer

Okay, my last posting because I am in total disbelief of the majority of responses I have read about beating cancer. It is a lOT to do with the power of the mind. When I was told I had a brain tumour in Sept. 2004 and wasn't supposed to even see Christmas that year I walked out of that office and said Fuck you lot. Wait and see. I have a very strong will. I had the chemo and radio. It made me very sick. I am now taking: DHEA compound; Pic-Mins (mineral supplement); Arctic Distilled Cod Liver Oil; Methyl-Guard;Deluxe Scavingers; Vitamin C; Evening Primrose Oil – 500mg 3 times a day;Vitamin E Capsules – 1000mg 3 times a day;1 Lemon Juice a day - pure fresh squeezed 'neat';powder of: Withania somnifera - Cytoprotective for normal cells, anti-inflammatory, antitumour, general tonic
Astragalus membranaceus - immune stimulant, potentiates the action of
chemo-therapeutics
Bacopa monniera - excellent anti-inflammatory, reduces fitting in epilepsy
Taraxacum officinalis - Liver tonic
Silybum marianum - Hepatoprotective, restores damaged liver cell function
Curcuma longa (turmeric) - Anti carcinogenic, activates phase 2 liver enzymes, helps restore positive gut flora. – 9 capsules daily (capsules are 00 size);Antioxidant powder – 6 capsules daily;Sheep Sorrel Combination tea; and dare I say it Apricot kernals.
Aliantha, I am truely sorry for your loss and I think that the clinic you attended were just out for money. It is disgusting they should do such a thing. Well, that's all folks. Interesting writing to you all.
annoyedsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #34
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyedsas
I had the chemo and radio.
Huh.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #35
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Probably meant radiation.

You Cellarites should be ashamed of yourselves for not falling prostrate and taking notes before annoyedsas.

Of course he/she is taking a plethoria of alternative cures, and doesn't know which are helping and which are not...or maybe even hurting.
He/she doesn't know if any of this will help or hurt you but that doesn't stop him/her from being an expert who must be believed and obeyed.

He/she sounds like a former...you know, former smoker, former drinker, former sinner.....
Old 06-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #36
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

Smile cure for cancer

I know I said final one last time BUT.......................Undertoad, do you mean Huh as in I KNEW I had had other treatment or Huh as in ? Yeah yeah, chemo, radiotherapy AND brain surgery. Do you know what that did? Caused a third lesion to branch off deeper into the brain, inoperable and no more radiation possible which is why I looked to go alternative. If I knew then what I know now, I would never have stepped foot into that bloody hospital. And xoxoxoBruce I think you are the first thread who isn't a nutcase. I have no pain anymore, no headaches and no seizures. Just for the record I am not a former anything really. Didn't smoke, drink - ok sinned a lot lol! But it stemmed from toxicity and crap eating and living in an environment (in London most of my life) that had lots of electricity pilons around. Look, here I go again, trying desperately to justify myself when I really don't need to. I know what I'm doing and how I am doing, and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Ciao x
Old 06-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #37
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

...You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
...I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing.
...I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
...Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
...Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
..Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
...A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three
...thousand times the memory.
...I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on.

If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be
Old 06-05-2006, 03:48 AM   #38
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I really wish you well annoyedsas. If you can beat it then good luck to you. It really doesn't matter what anyone else says. As long as you believe it and it's working for you, let the skeptics go.

My own opinion isn't what yours is, but it doesn't mean that either is less valid. Living life the best way you can is what matters and it seems to me you're doing the best you can. I'm glad the good spirits are watching over you.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #39
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Do you know what that did? Caused a third lesion to branch off deeper into the brain, inoperable and no more radiation possible which is why I looked to go alternative.
What is the physiology behind such a thing happening? How could it cause a branch in you while reducing tumors in so many other people? Do you deny that others are cured using "traditional" means?

Quote:
My own opinion isn't what yours is, but it doesn't mean that either is less valid.
Once we talk science and logic, that statement doesn't fly. 2+2=4 even if my opinion is that 2+2=5.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #40
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
I am now taking:
  • DHEA compound
  • Pic-Mins (mineral supplement)
  • Arctic Distilled Cod Liver Oil
  • Methyl-Guard;Deluxe Scavingers
  • Vitamin C
  • Evening Primrose Oil – 500mg 3 times a day
  • Vitamin E Capsules – 1000mg 3 times a day
  • 1 Lemon Juice a day - pure fresh squeezed 'neat'
  • powder of: Withania somnifera - Cytoprotective for normal cells, anti-inflammatory, antitumour, general tonic
  • Astragalus membranaceus - immune stimulant, potentiates the action of chemo-therapeutics
  • Bacopa monniera - excellent anti-inflammatory, reduces fitting in epilepsy
  • Taraxacum officinalis - Liver tonic
  • Silybum marianum - Hepatoprotective, restores damaged liver cell function
  • Curcuma longa (turmeric) - Anti carcinogenic, activates phase 2 liver enzymes, helps restore positive gut flora. – 9 capsules daily (capsules are 00 size)
  • Antioxidant powder – 6 capsules daily
  • Sheep Sorrel Combination tea
  • Apricot kernals.
Sounds like you'll take any pill anybody reccommends, as long as they have no credentials.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #41
annoyedsas
Eavesdropper

why don't you all fuck off and get a bent disease? I hope that none of you ever find a cure to anything you get. And Happy Monkey won't be happy anymore.

Undertoad - are you a physician? Doctor? Anything special other than a host to a stupid full of Amercian crap chat?
Quote:
Once we talk science and logic, that statement doesn't fly. 2+2=4 even if my opinion is that 2+2=5. What is the physiology behind such a thing happening? How could it cause a branch in you while reducing tumors in so many other people? Do you deny that others are cured using "traditional" means?!

Oh, Grow Up
Old 06-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #42
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
How could it cause a branch in you while reducing tumors in so many other people?
Are you suggesting that radiation doesn't cause cancer - or that it doesn't kill it?

Quote:
Do you deny that others are cured using "traditional" means?
Quote:
if that girl gets better, for whatever reason... there will be no convincing her the turtle didn't do it.
Substitute turtle for "traditional" means.

If placebos work so well, why would anyone pay so much for the "traditional" drugs that are frequently removed from the market after the FDA figures out they do more harm than good?
Old 06-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #43
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Radiation causes cancer in one way, reduces it in another; chemicals cause cancer in one way, reduce it in another. I doubt they gave annoyedsas the versions that cause it.

Merely saying "I did this and I'm cured" is proof enough for some, but not for me and not for traditional medicine either. They apply higher standards and that's why the survival rate has increased so dramatically.

Higher standards than annoyedsas, who apparently now says I need to be a doctor to demand to discuss the physiology. Which is really ironic, since if I was a doctor I would be a part of the system he seems to dislike so thoroughly, and he would surely find a reason to ignore me on that basis.

Placebos work well, but not better than cures. We know this with confidence because almost every single drug in the system is rigorously blind-tested for effectiveness against placebo.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #44
jinx
Come on, cat.

When/how did "they" figure out that ionizing radiation in combo with anti-cancer drugs was highly carcinogencic? Are you sure that it wasn't by experimenting on cancer patients, like annoyedsas? I don't know...
Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #45
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well yeah, the fuzzy area for testing would be on highly terminal diseases.