The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #61
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Would have been more funny but you forgot insert Shawnees googly eyed emoticon. It carried the mood!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #62
chrisinhouston
Professor

I've lived here since 1980 which makes me almost a native. I've thought of moving on but all places have pluses and minuses. Right now, my wife has a good job so for us it is a paycheck and several of our kids and grand kids are here.

Things I like: Mild winter, beautiful wildflowers in the spring, good fishing and hunting, good hiking and camping withing a few hour drive, good restaurant scene and performing arts scene (Houston area), NO STATE
INCOME TAX!!!

Things I dislike: Extreme humidity at any given time of the year (when it rains here in the summer the steam comes off of the street), hot summer temps (especially August and early September), red state (for now), high property taxes, high utility costs, potholes.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #63
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

I have yet to drink out of a bar glass with an ad on it. Texas isn't a bad state at all. only gripe I have is the cops here and DA's. They'll railroad you quicker than you can say "I didn't do it!" all for a notch in the bedpost resume.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #64
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

If I had to guess, I'd guess that your friend will be disappointed in both the relationship and the job. But I could be wrong and everyone has to make their own mistakes. Be supportive and hope for the best for your friend.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #65
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Dropped in on TX a couple of times myself. Scattershot impressions: They are good at barbeque there. The West TX accent around San Angelo isn't a social asset unless softpedaled by getting around enough to get cosmopolitan. Texas Creative Anachronists are about like Creative Anachronists anywhere, which most of the time means good folk. June bugs can fly, but can't steer -- this can either annoy you, or entertain you. I'd eat at The Big Texan (Amarillo) again; wonder where they get those violent jalapeņos that kick harder than serranos. College Station seems more cosmopolitan than San Angelo. And I think I'd like the Big Bend country and the environs of Terlingua, where they do stunt-chili of immense elaboration and subtlety.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #66
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

UG: First you have to start with the right seed, second we've found that the older a jalapeno plant gets, the hotter the peppers. So get yourself some jalapeno seeds, grow a few plants, keep the ones that had the best peppers alive. Bring 'em inside during the winter. Just keep doin that every year and the pepper should get hotter and hotter. Also try chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, I don't remember the brand I buy, but look in the Mexican section of your Walmart or grocery store. Hopefully they'll have some.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #67
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
Things I dislike: Extreme humidity at any given time of the year (when it rains here in the summer the steam comes off of the street), hot summer temps (especially August and early September), red state (for now), high property taxes, high utility costs, potholes.
You forgot to mention the motherfackinsonofabitchenHAGGISbastard bugs. Oh, and the hurricanes. Can't forget the %$#@! hurricanes.

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote