The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 10-31-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Flint
Snowflake

Times change, but gibbering on about Hillary Clinton never goes out of style.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:58 PM   #2
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

She's the poster girl for losers who can't adapt.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
Flint
Snowflake

Attached Images

expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:55 PM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
She's the poster girl for losers who can't adapt.
Nobody's forcing you to put her on your poster.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
sexobon

Hillary and I were both born in Chicago. Both of our families moved to the burbs when we were kids. The homes we were raised in are about 3 miles apart. We would have gone to the same high school (albeit at different times, she's an old broad) except for the school zoning. This excerpt from Wikipedia pretty much summed up her destiny:

Quote:
She was elected class vice president for her junior year, but then lost the election for class president for her senior year against two boys, one of whom told her that "you are really stupid if you think a girl can be elected president".
Hard to believe that with all the things we had going for us back then, she would turn out to be a loser because she couldn't adapt. I think she fell in with the wrong crowd and Bill was a bad influence on her.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Hard to believe that with all the things we had going for us back then, she would turn out to be a loser because she couldn't adapt.
A loser is a wacko right wing extremists whose long history is to disparage others.

Do you ever have something informative or useful to contribute? Why do your routinely demean others - except Trump.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:53 AM   #7
sexobon

Trump adapts = Trump won.

Trump = winning.

Dems can't adapt = Hillary lost.

Dems = losing.

Dems live in glass houses 'cause they can't adapt, tw cleans them.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:44 AM   #8
tw

Quote:
Hitler adapted = Hitler won. People who insult and hate are loved by wacko extremists. Trump is so satanic as to be Sexobon's new god. All praise The Donald. The only person that Sexobon does not insult.

Trump approve of the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists. Since it is hate, then Sexobon praises Trump. He never denies it.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Trump is so satanic as to be Sexobon's new god.
But a fewer god.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #10
glatt

I read a goodarticle this morning.

Quote:
Since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and the rise of the Islamic State, researchers have intensively studied what makes someone a terrorist and how people become radicalized. Arie Kruglanski, a research psychologist at the University of Maryland, has found that although the subject matter of their extremism may be different, the way in which neo-Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan and members of the Islamic State evolve from merely disgruntled to violently angry is the same.

For radicalization to occur, there are three necessary ingredients, according to Kruglanski's research. The first is the universal need to live a worthwhile life — to have significance. People usually satisfy this need through socially accepted means, "like working hard, having families, other kinds of achievements," Kruglanski said. Radicals instead tend to place significance on their gender, religion or race.

The second is "the narrative," which gives someone permission to use violence. Kruglanski said the narrative is usually that there is an enemy attacking your group, and the radical must fight to gain or maintain respect, honor or glory.

The third necessary component is the community, or the network of people who validate the narrative and the violence.
There's a lot more in the article. Basically, the big thing that has changed recently is the 3rd component. You-know-who is making hate OK, and that's causing a tipping point.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
sexobon

Quote:
… then Sexobon praises Trump. He never denies it.
I state facts. It's not my fault you're not astute enough to recognize them. If ever in your existence you had been able to learn from history, you would know that winners don't have to deny anything. It's losers like you who have to deny being at fault for failure. It's why you whine so much. You're trying to distract from your ineptitude. That only works with other losers though.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #12
tw

Quote:
I state facts.
Again no facts stated. And more insults. A classic Donald Trump supporter who only understands hate. Apparently he was the class bully.

These extremists love it when The Donald goes to Pittsburgh and talks about himself. That massacre was nothing more than a another campaign rally. An example of a fact: that Sexobon would not discuss. Its always about The Don. People who only understand hate and insults love such liars.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:12 PM   #13
sexobon

I stated a fact:
Quote:
Tw quoted my fact:
Quote:
Quote:
Tw says no facts stated after quoting my fact:
Quote:
Again no facts stated. ...
Ergo, tw is a liar and an imbecile.

Tw whines like a child.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #14
tw

Quote:
The second is "the narrative," which gives someone permission to use violence. Kruglanski said the narrative is usually that there is an enemy attacking your group, and the radical must fight to gain or maintain respect, honor or glory.
Putting a bigger gun in their hands amplifies justification of that narrative. Guns change a mindset especially of those with tendencies to become a radicalized extremist.

Notice who is doing all this killing - in Parkland, Sandy Hook, Columbine, Oklahoma City, Miami Beach, Las Vegas, Charleston, UC Santa Barbara, mail bombs from FL, Washington DC, Alturas CA, etc. Almost every mass killing is by whites (mostly men) who are American citizens. Completely missing from a list of villains are Latinos. But an asshole president has told our wackos that these illegal immigrants are coming here to murder us all. Hate and fear works on adults who are still children.

That fear (that is popular among wacko right wing extremists - and not wacko left wing extremists) is even widely believed in Duluth, MN - about as far away from the border as one can get. In a town that has almost no immigrants. So hate is easily promoted there.

Who are most dangerous? Not illegal immigrants. Not green card holders. White American citizens - overwhelmingly those who are educated by wacko extremists such as Laura Ingalls, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Sean Hannity, Breitbart, etc.

What do they most need to defend themselves from unarmed people? Military assault weapons. Possession of these only increases a desire to "Screw the optics. I'm going in".

Once we remove lies from The Don and his disciples, then America's greatest threats come from white American citizens. Big guns make their actions easier to justify.

Last edited by tw; 11-02-2018 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:20 PM   #15
sexobon

Quote:
… Completely missing from a list of villains are Latinos. ...
That's tw's cherry picked list. He thinks you other Cellar dwellars are that gullible. He may be right as there's no shortage of people among you who engage in confirmation bias.

Facts:
Category: Mexican mass murderers

Ramon Salcido

Eduardo Sencion

Quote:
Ramón Bojórquez Salcido (born March 6, 1961 in Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico) is a convicted Mexican-American mass murderer and as of 2017 is on death row in California's San Quentin State Prison.

He was convicted for the 1989 murders of seven people, including his wife and two of his daughters, four-year-old Sofía and 22-month-old Teresa. A third daughter, three-year-old Carmina, was left lying in a field beside the bodies of her sisters for 36 hours after being slashed across the throat by her father. She was rescued ...

On April 14, 1989, after a night of drinking and snorting cocaine, Salcido slashed his daughters' throats; killing Sofia and Teresa, Carmina survived. He then drove them to a county dump. Salcido then drove to Cotati, where he killed his mother-in-law and her two daughters. He then returned to his home in Boyes Hot Springs where he shot his wife, Angela Salcido. He then went to the Grand Cru winery, his place of employment, where he killed Tracey Toovey his coworker.

Salcido fled after the killings to Mexico, via Calexico. He was arrested in Guasave, Mexico, on April 19, 1989. When arrested, Salcido told police that he committed the murders because he suspected his wife was having an affair with a coworker.
Quote:
Eduardo Sencion (also known as Eduardo Perez-Gonzalez; July 22, 1979 – September 6, 2011) was born in Mexico and had a valid U.S. passport. He had no previous criminal history and worked at his family's business ...

On September 6, 2011, a gunman, identified as 32-year-old Eduardo Sencion,[3] opened fire in a branch of the IHOP in Carson City, Nevada, killing four people, including three members of the National Guard, and wounding seven others.

At 8:58 a.m., Sencion arrived at a local strip mall in a blue minivan that was registered in his brother's name. He got out, shot, and wounded a woman on a motorcycle with a Norinco Mak 90 semi-automatic rifle. At around 9:00 a.m. he walked inside the center's IHOP and made his way to the back where he started shooting. He first targeted a group of uniformed National Guardsmen, all of whom were eating at the same table; five of them were shot, three of them fatally. He then targeted other patrons, killing a 67-year-old woman.
Sencion then left the restaurant and began shooting into three nearby businesses, injuring no one. ...

… Due to the severity of the massacre and fears that it would become more widespread, Nevada officials declared a lock-down on the state capitol and Supreme Court buildings for around 40 minutes, while extra security was set up at state and military buildings in northern Nevada. ...