The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-01-2004, 11:08 AM   #16
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Sorry, but there are plenty of 14 year old girls who would love to give it up to the married guy next door, or their teacher, etc just as there are plenty of 14 year old guys willing to do the same. It doesn't matter if they were willing, both are considered rape because they are too young to give consent.

But in the case of a woman who sleeps with a 14 year old boy, she'll get a slap on the wrist...if that, while a guy will spend the next 30 years getting beaten and gang raped on a daily basis.

It's just another example of how the justice system in America is geared in favor of women.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:13 AM   #17
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally posted by Catwoman
I am going to sound awfully hypocritical now but I do think it's different for girls. They get emotionally attached and fall in love and that kind of thing. My experience of young boys is that they just want sex. And she gave it to him. Isn't this every school boy's fantasy? A schoolgirls fantasy is for the 23 year old male hunky teacher to sweep her off her feet and marry her. If he had sex with her then went back to his wife he would have destroyed her fantasy and this may well impact her future relationships. With this scenario, the female teacher fulfilled the boy's fantasy.

And yes to the weed thing, obviously.
oh bullshit - chicks "sportfuck" just as much as guys do. i was pretty surprised to learn that one, but it is absolutely true.

i'm sure the boy did want it. the cousin probably blew the whistle because he didn't get any even though he had to sit in the back seat while they went at it.

if i had that teacher i would have wanted her, and would have kept my silly little mouth closed about it afterwards. but it still doesn't change the fact that it was statutory rape. he was underage. end of story.

as kind of a side note it sounds like you are prepared to throw the equality that women have fought so hard to gain right out the window? you can't have it both ways. if it is a crime for a man then it is a crime for a woman.

in adult life the same thing holds true. sexual harassment is the scourge of the workplace. i've hooked up with a couple of my female bosses over the years, but i am a guy, i enjoyed it for what it was. even when i got let go from one of the jobs i wouldn't have turned around and sued, but legally i could have. just like lots of women do after screwing the boss.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:17 AM   #18
lookout123

i'm listening to the radio in my office. here is a prime example of why statutory rape laws exist.

a 9 year old girl is pregnant. the sperm donor is the ice cream man. her friends have stated that "she wanted to do it, he didn't force her"

he should have is dick cut off before he is thrown into a hole in the desert and left to die.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:19 AM   #19
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by lookout123

if i had that teacher i would have wanted her, and would have kept my silly little mouth closed about it afterwards. but it still doesn't change the fact that it was statutory rape. he was underage. end of story.

Can no one here think for themselves?? Just because it is LAW doesn't mean it is RIGHT. I am only 21 and remember being 14. I remember boys at 14. Don't try and tell me sex with someone of this age (UNLESS they are emotionally maladjusted for some reason) is wrong. Most of my friends lost their virginity younger than 14. I waited till I was 17 not because I couldn't COPE with it at 14 but because I didn't want to with any of the boys that offered it to me. I had a crush on a teacher and it wasn't about sex - more admiration/idolising. Boys crushes on female teachers were about sex, discovery, the female body. There IS a difference and it has nothing to do with equality but the fundamental differences between the sexes. We should be treated equally but not the same.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #20
glatt

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim

also, i agree that there should not be jail time served, as she does not pose a physical danger to citizens, but that's just me.
lumberjim, that's an interesting way to look at it.

Jail is generally regarded as 1) a way to punish someone and 2) also a way to protect society by keeping dangerous people locked up.

So you think that people should only be locked up when they are a danger to others? If the answer is yes, how do you feel about oh, let's say: someone who breaks into an empty house and steals personal belongings from said house? Should they go to jail? Just curious here, not judging you.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #21
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Equally IS the same.

And just because for YOU it was about love and not sex doesn't mean it's that way for anyone. I don't care what age you were or your friends were when they lost their virginity.

A grown man having sex with a 14 year old girl is absolutely no different than a grown woman having sex with a 14 year old boy. Both are equally wrong and the punishment should be the same.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #22
lookout123

Quote:

Don't try and tell me sex with someone of this age (UNLESS they are emotionally maladjusted for some reason) is wrong. Most of my friends lost their virginity younger than 14. I
we could argue about whether sex is right or wrong and never agree, but that is not the point.

two 14 yr olds on mom's bed. a 14 yr old and a 25 yr old is completely different. some 25 yr old men (and women) are pretty skilled at getting the opposite sex in their own age group to do what they want. unleash those skills upon someone at age 14? that is brutal.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:26 AM   #23
lookout123

Quote:

We should be treated equally but not the same.
equal but not the same, equal but not the same... why does that phrase ring a bell?

edit: oh yeah - that was separate but equal.

Last edited by lookout123; 07-01-2004 at 11:35 AM.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:33 AM   #24
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by glatt

lumberjim, that's an interesting way to look at it.

Jail is generally regarded as 1) a way to punish someone and 2) also a way to protect society by keeping dangerous people locked up.

So you think that people should only be locked up when they are a danger to others? If the answer is yes, how do you feel about oh, let's say: someone who breaks into an empty house and steals personal belongings from said house? Should they go to jail? Just curious here, not judging you.

in that specific example, he does pose a threat to people's possessions, but i don't think jail is necessary unless he is a repeat offender. house arrest would be better.

actually, here's what i would do with that kind of criminal if i was king:

the convict of a nonviolent crime, or a victimless crime would be placed under house arrest, and made to work for the state with whatever skills they posessed or hard labor if they had none. their wages would be garnished until their financial sentence was satisfied, and the house arrest would continue until their punative sentence was satisfied. the two being seperate sentences. at the same time, the jails would be much more unpleasant than they are now, and rehabilitation would not be as big a priority. granted, you'd have to do some really bad shit to get put in there. rape ( viloent rape) murder, arson, voting for bush, etc...

just sketching here, but i like it so far
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #25
glatt

OK.

Would you have any concerns that the financial aspect of it might lead to abuse by the state? These criminals are basically indentured servants. It's in the state's best interest to have as many of them as possible. $$
Old 07-01-2004, 11:41 AM   #26
lookout123

how about if the money is only used for the prison system. paying for them while on death row, legal expenses for appeals, etc. the money cannot be used outside the judicial or prison system?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #27
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yes, good point. ...... but that would be balanced by the fact that i'd be using criminals to catch criminals. rewarding them with bonus credits or time off for good arrest ratios, etc. there would have to be a watchdog process in place, of course. i think the current basic legal system could handle that. another advers impact would be the loss of jobs that private citizens currently hold with the state. have to re-employ those people in the private sector, with tax breaks to companies that hire our cast offs......
Old 07-01-2004, 11:46 AM   #28
glatt

You though going to the DMV was bad before. Now you have to deal with the dregs of society sitting behind the desk.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:37 PM   #29
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I would have sold my grandmother into slavery to have had a shot at that lady when I was 14.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #30
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

crap. I spelled 'again' wrong. UT?