The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2001, 04:21 PM   #12
dynamo
Paramour of Paradigm

Quote:
Originally posted by kaleidoscopic ziggurat
war is always bad... but the kind of terrorism the palestinian extremists are engaging in is LOW LOW LOW... specifically picking targets to maximize the amount of children dead? SHAME.
That's why they call it terrorism...

I don't fault the palestinians at all for changing the rules of engagement to suit themselves. "All's fair in love and war" right? People have been breaking the rules in war for years and years. Targeting officers, guerrila warfare, salting fields. It's a dirty game, but what would you do if you couldn't compete any other way? Would you roll over? If the option was lose everything (and I think the palestinians believe that), I'd have to say the ends justify the means.

Clearly they believe quite strongly in what they are doing. You don't blow yourself up in the name of your god if you're not 100% confident you're going to some kind of afterlife. Divine justice and all that. They know they are right, but they feel frustrated and helpless...so they react any way they can.

And having said all that, I pretty much support israel 100%. the past is the past, I can't change that, but two wrong's don't make a right. They have to live together, they can do it in peace or at war, but palestine isn't going to see all of its demands met. it can't happen. One more thing, I've been all though israel, and be glad you don't have to live like that. I could tell stories for hours, but I'll just tell one. One evening I was walking down the beach in tel aviv. There is hotel after hotel down the coast, but some parts of the beach are packed while other parts are completely deserted. While I walked past a deserted portion, my israeli friend pointed out a sign in the water and said "do you know what that says?" I had no idea, he said "No swimming, mines" woah. Israeli army men with submachine guns at the mall or the bus stop, traffic stopped for 2 hours while they blow up a suspicious package, military check points...
dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote