The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Cloud

Cat TV

a cat lady thread for Sundae Girl and me.

Quote:
I don't care!
I want cat shows too.
I'm so sad I'd watch the 24 Hour Cat Television Show if it existed.

What am I saying?
No, of course I wouldn't!
All the cats you see on TV are spoiled and pampered by people who think their behaviour is normal.

Don't get me wrong - I adore my cats and I know some people IRL think I spoil them. But the truth is I know they are cats - I treat them like cats. Affectionate cats, yes. But that's no spoiled in the way you can spoil children. If you hand feed a cat it will expect hand feeding for life. If you get up for a cat at 03.00 every morning it will think this is a normal occurrence.

However if you try to get a madly potent catnip toy, or give them a warming pad because they are heat-mad, they don't go boasting to other cats in the neighbourhood and they don't come home asking for what all the other cats have that they don't.

Therefore I don't spoil my cats.

Also, although they are pedigree (argh) they are beautiful to me because they are dynamic, healthy and energetic. Apologies to anyone with Persians, but really. A cat that has trouble eating because of its nose and has to be cleaned every time it uses a litter tray? That's a little freaky in my book.

Well, it is a post-whore thread and I've wanted to get that off my chest for a while.