The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
P-Man
Rapscallion

Funny, I've actually had quite a problem with this for the past two months. I was dating this wonderful girl for about two years. Initially, she told me she had slept with 13 guys previous (we're both 23 for the record). My feelings were, sheesh that's a lot of people, but I didn't say anything to her. I didn't want to make her feel bad or act like a judgemental prick. I was actually impressed that she was able to be honest with me about it.

Unfortunately, I found out about two months ago that she's actually been with 23 different people. YIKES! I discovered the lie when I found out that she had slept with one of my roommates good friends a few years back. It brought out the worst in me and I started quizing her on the subject and watched in horror as her number went from 13 to 15, 16, 18, 20 and finally 23.

My opinion on sexual history is this. It is history, but it if you love someone there shouldn't be lies. I wouldn't have liked hearing 23 early on, just as I didn't like hearing about 13. However, I initially loved that she was so honest. In the end, I broke up with her not because of her promiscuous past, but because the lie seriously fractured my ability to trust her. The lesson here, if you're not comfortable discussing sexualy history say, "I want to start with a clean slate and I don't think this is relevant to our relationship."
Say anything, but don't lie. My ex lied about it at least 7 times. She didn't understand that the number isn't what mattered, I just wanted to hear the truth.
P-Man is offline   Reply With Quote