The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
casimendocina
Professor

Weekly shopping

After seeing that Time Magazine article, thought I'd do the same with my shopping to see exactly how big the percentage of chocolate/bad stuff is. I don't eat at home a lot as for one reason or another, at the moment, I rarely leave work before 8 p.m.

With this shop I made a conscious effort to not buy too much crap. The bright green things in the right hand corner are the Indonesian equivalent of caramel balls (so I'm told). I'm also still getting my head around the non-Western ingredients...I'm not a great experimenter in the kitchen so tend to stick to what I know.
Attached Images

casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by casimendocina View Post
After seeing that Time Magazine article, thought I'd do the same with my shopping to see exactly how big the percentage of chocolate/bad stuff is. I don't eat at home a lot as for one reason or another, at the moment, I rarely leave work before 8 p.m.

With this shop I made a conscious effort to not buy too much crap. The bright green things in the right hand corner are the Indonesian equivalent of caramel balls (so I'm told). I'm also still getting my head around the non-Western ingredients...I'm not a great experimenter in the kitchen so tend to stick to what I know.
Looking at your groceries for the week I am really surprised at how much of what you have is available in my local grocery. Although I've not seen the pesto Genovese (one of my faves) by Barilla, I also haven't looked for it.

It would be sort of tough for us to do that since we are always "filling in" gaps in the larder with trips to the co-op or corner store.

I'll go photograph the pantry.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
Although I've not seen the pesto Genovese (one of my faves) by Barilla, I also haven't looked for it.

Ended up using the Pesto Genovese today-straight with pasta. I hadn't eaten this for a while and I didn't add anything and found the result filling, but rather greasy. Do you add anything to this pasta/pesto combination?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote