Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #4366
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
Wal mart pissed me off good today, after getting everything on the list I got to check out. And when I tried to use my debt card it would not work. The idiot running the register asked me if I had another way to pay because they are remodeling and the card readers do not work. so now I have to go to the other walmart and do it all over again. I left the cart sitting and walked out. If their equipment is not going to work during the remodel they need to close until it is done. Am I being an asshole or not?
The idiot checkout person stood there and scanned in your entire basket full of items, carried out the whole transaction without saying a word, all based on the assumption that you carry around a big roll of hundreds around like a drug dealer?

I would have done worse than what you did. I don't know what, but I would have caused a scene.

Edit: The Service Industry in America Edit: Jimmy Dean Sausage Complaint Call
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 07-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #4367
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Walmart sucks.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #4368
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Thanks flint... I lol'd all over again. Awesome thread.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #4369
Shawnee123

Oh wow, I'm so glad I looked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
IT WILL NEVER, EVER GET RESOLVED UNLESS I FVCKING YELL AT EACH ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE FOR X AMOUNT OF MINUTES UNTIL THEY PASS ME ON. The system is designed so that YOU HAVE TO YELL AT PEOPLE or else nothing gets done EVER.
This is so true, and why I get fvcked all the fvcking time! Really, I only yell on the internet.

My dad was just talking about this, as we discussed my current nightmare with my new car, telling me I need to be a squeaky wheel. They want the squeaky wheel to stop fvcking squeaking, so the squeaky wheel gets what they want.

I wish I could be a squeaky wheel.

Also, that Jimmy Dean call is hilarious!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #4370
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Or get a professional squeaky wheel and sue.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #4371
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Upsetting me today:

dunno, you'll have to ask my large intestine.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #4372
Shawnee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Or get a professional squeaky wheel and sue.
Part of the problem is that my professional squeaky wheel isn't squeaking to my satisfaction. So I should squeak at my designated squeaky wheel, right? The whole reason for the professional squeaky wheel was to avoid me trying to squeak and only end up looking stupid, and sounding squeaky.

However, my car is FINALLY being transported to the Saturn dealer for repair. It's a good repair shop, by all accounts, and they'll have it as new again as is possible.

Apparently, Collision Boy's insurance still needs to step up to the plate: so I'm out the deductible until that's settled.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #4373
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Petty Motherfucking Bitch who is only concerned with herself and her own bullshit. Get a fuckin' life of your own fer chrissakes! Like there isn't enough REALLY important shit going on right now that you gotta start on my Fuckin mom and not let her pray at the rehab for her grandson - Holy Fuckin shit - Its a good thing my guns are at my dads!

thank you all - as you were
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #4374
Shawnee123

I second that! And I don't even like guns!

Though at first I thought you were yelling at me...lol.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #4375
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Crikey.
All I can say is, things are very different in America, esp attitudes towards customer service and shooting people. Don't get me wrong, I get pissed off at bad service. I whinge and rant. But it's not considered a "right" here (we don't have them ) Then again, I've come up against this before, here.

And relationship/ family disputes... still I should realise that praying, rehab and guns in one sentence take it out of the realm of my understanding.

Okay, so what I came to vent is small beans compared to Yesman's case. Sorry.

Mum has been reacting to a financial issue all week.
And it's not all that bad (the issue) because my Great Aunt's settlement is finally in sight.
But the pressure, plus the fact she is on her own all day (paid petsitting at my SIL's parents' house) means she's been a complete bitch every night. Sorry, but she has - I've stayed in my room in earplugs, and eaten at 17.00 so I can avoid being around when she comes home.

And yes, I have done all I can in terms of housework etc to try to assuage her.
I don't know exactly what the problem is, apart from her usual simmering anger, but nothing is right and she resents both me & my Dad this week.

Funnily enough, this is not to do with Mum - although the problems with her are stopping me sleeping this week.
I asked if she would like to see La Cage Aux Folles in the West End because John Barrowman is in it. She wants to use up the theatre vouchers she got when she retired. So it's a yes! Happy, happy!

She asked Dad - of course. I'd love it to be a family outing. But she said, "I don't think you'd like it." She started her desription of the musical with, "Two gays are bringing up a son...." My Dad turned his face away at once. Now I'm not blaming Mum for her precis - which was basic, but accurate I suppose. It's my Dad's homophobia that bothers me. I know it's there. I've heard it more than once. But the idea it extends to fiction/ musical theatre. When he's been to see so much in the West End/ watched musicals on TV. It's like, gay talent is fine, as long as it's played straight.

Sigh.
The child of his time/ adopted religion.
It just hurts that a man I love so much and admire, and I know to be so gentle and tolerant in other ways can hate and dismiss so many people.

Upsets me.

Last edited by Sundae; 07-30-2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Clarity - changed "her" to "Mum"
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #4376
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
... it's not considered a "right" here ...
In your muddled attempt to frame this as some sweeping cultural chasm, what exactly is it that you think Americans consider a "right" that is unrealistically owed to them--specifically, that has been central to any of the stories presented here?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #4377
Shawnee123

They tore my car down to see if there was more extensive damage. There was. I don't know what's going to happen now.

Little Fuckboy is going to fucking pay, one way or another, law-breaking motherfucker go back to your home country if you can't act like a fucking human: we have enough lying motherfuckers who we have to keep because they were born here.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #4378
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
In your muddled attempt to frame this as some sweeping cultural chasm, what exactly is it that you think Americans consider a "right" that is unrealistically owed to them--specifically, that has been central to any of the stories presented here?

Brit consumer laws are much more well defined than American ones, and legally-speaking consumers are better protected.

But this is fairly recent in the scheme of things, and Brits are so used to shitty service and products, and making a scene is socially unacceptable even if you are in the right (stiff upper lip) ....that many people do not follow up on their complaints and write off the loss.

Compared to US where -in general- consumer protection laws are minimal, but standard practice is not to require customers to justify complaints and making a scene gets results rather than disapproval.

If you had behaved in the UK as you described, you would probab;y have been arrested for causing a disturbance of the peace. And it's very unlikely you would have got a refund/replacement. But then brits don't expect presents for every occasion like Americans do. And when we get them, we open them straight away. Most Brits, anayway. it is a cultural chasm. But then you live in texas -WTF would you know about the rest of the world? :p
Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 AM   #4379
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

He knows Texas has bigger cockroaches than the rest of the world. :p
Old 08-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #4380
monster
I hear them call the tide

and bigger cocks.

Tags
swiss