The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #10531
glatt

People have strong opinions about those spots. Based in emotion mostly.

I've needed to use those spots before with a passenger, but didn't have the placard. And then I was given a placard to use, but had no need for it because my passenger was in assisted living then and we weren't running errands. Too bad we can't base use of them on the honor system.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #10532
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I've had one for years. I talked my doctor into signing for one so I could park inside the plant where there was a huge parking lot only a quarter full right outside my department door. But I never used it in the real world until recently, and still don't, if I have a choice that within a reasonable distance.
I see a lot of abuse, by presumably family members, using a card issued for someone else. Granted it's hard to tell, but when 20ish kid pulls in with a grandpa car, jumps out and runs into a store, I get suspicious. In fairness, he might just be robbing the place.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:03 AM   #10533
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

It's funny, I don't even see the handicapped spots. But then I find the idea of "hunting" for a good spot to be completely inefficient and stupid anyway. I take the first spot I come across, even if it's near the back, and walk in. 90% of the time I get to the door faster than the moron slowly prowling the aisles.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:05 PM   #10534
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Just to be sure, shoot them on si[ght]
Lest he be shot himself...

Quote:
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
~Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis, USMC (Ret)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 12-15-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:04 PM   #10535
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I like that quote, Grav!

I had a temporary handicapped parking tag while I was having chemo, and I needed it then. Couldn't walk more than about 50 ft without having to sit down and rest. And when the handicapped spots were filled by cars without tags, and those 20-somethings dashed into the store from their illegally-parked car full of vim and vigor, their choices meant that I couldn't hobble in and get my few groceries, because I couldn't walk across the whole parking lot. (Re Rkzenrage: I sat down A LOT in the grocery store - I knew where their benches/seats were and plotted my path from rest stop to rest stop.)

My tag expired in 2013, a few months after chemo, which was appropriate. I have no sympathy for those who abuse the system, but my lack of sympathy doesn't matter. Somehow, they always get away with it.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #10536
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

See it all the time too. We mostly don't even use ours anymore. Good for him to walk as much as possible etc.
Many times the placards are broke, have been lost or stolen. What most do not know is that there is a card issues with the tag. Ask them for that instead of accepting the "I lost it" excuse. Then shoot them and steal their groceries.
OR do what I do - park them in. (just kidding)
Old 12-16-2015, 08:46 AM   #10537
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're right, I forgot about the wallet card.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #10538
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Wait what? I never got a wallet card. I feel gypped.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:17 AM   #10539
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You should have looked in the glove box instead of just grabbing the tag off the mirror and running.

Seriously though, there's no name on the hang tag, so you need the wallet card to prove it's being used by the right person. I've had mine for 20 years and never been challenged, but just in case. I tried to scan it but the printed card is white lettering on an extremely light violet. The name/address and tag number is black print, but that's all that shows in a scan.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #10540
Clodfobble

This fucker will burn in hell.

We're not supposed to talk about specifics online, because it's an ongoing investigation, blah blah blah. But it was not a "fight," and the park is only falling back on the "contractors" label for PR spin--many if not a majority of their employees are technically contractors.

Just know that if that fucker had been able to sneak a gun into the park, a bunch of people would be dead, including children and families. And the guy in critical condition is not nobody.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #10541
Griff
still says videotape

How long until the full story breaks?
Old 01-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #10542
Clodfobble

I dunno. His wife is meeting with a lawyer on Tuesday, though I think that's a who's-gonna-pay-for-this-medical-care thing, not a prosecution thing. They got the whole attack on the park's security camera, so it shouldn't be hard to convict. Right now we're all just waiting for the contractor to wake up.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #10543
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This is what I learned from the news article and video:

There was a fight.

Clod says it wasn't a fight.

So, we're left with this:

Something happened.

Someone please tell me what I'm missing.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #10544
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're missing the other 90% of the story. You're welcome.

So are we.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #10545
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

So...

Something happened.

Top-notch journalism.

Tags
swiss