The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-30-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
katfiche
like a fiche outta water

Did you actually bother to read the eyewitness accounts or were you simply all too eager to share your theory? I'm not disputing your observation regarding the bulldozer but your logic that this discredits the story is flawed and a straw man argument. The story never claims these are sequential images but rather points out that she was visible to the drivers of the bulldozer being that she was wearing a bright orange safety jacket and carrying a bullhorn.

I never said I agreed with her actions but I definately admire her determination and will. I never criticized your post, why do you attack mine when all I did was provide information for people to determine the facts for themselves? I thought it a pity that people might form a decision based on this scant thread.

The fact is, the girl was young with a life ahead of her. Someone in a bulldozer had enough hate within them to destroy her life. That kind of hatred is foreign to me. Before you call it an accident you should read the account.

I also fail to understand your hostility towards me or this dead girl. Perhaps it is the very fact that you are "sitting comfy in your safe home" in inaction that you attempt to justify her murder. You say that I am so sure of the facts in the case but my understanding of the facts comes from reading depositions taken from eyewitnesses which I was attempting to share here. Your view is based on flawed logic and an apparent disdain of idealists.

Even if I were wrong and it was an accident, is it still not a tragedy? Does she not deserve some respect?

As for my "crying at the top of your voice", that hardly is a fair characterization of my post. I feel for the loss of life and potential. I think it a pity she died acting against futility but I also think its a crime she was killed out of hatred and with impunity.

-Cf
katfiche is offline   Reply With Quote