The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-30-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
katfiche
like a fiche outta water

SM, I am familiar with the context of the event but abbreviated my reply because it was just an aside I had added off of the main point. Though, I do feel that the whole WWJD movement is a bit left of center. I have no right to publicly condemn a minister for having a faulty soteriology. Jesus spoke as "one with authority", my being in the right doesn't give me that same authority. There is recourse in such an instance laid out in the new testament but public rebuke isn't one of them. Christ quite plainly spoke against the Pharisaical doctrine of works. That being said, the singular flaw to the WWJD movement, as I see it, is that it exhorts one to "emulate" Christ under ones own power, relying on acts of the individual will to attain a state of holiness rather than "being conformed to His image" by the Spirit. If it were possible for the individual will to maintain a state of holiness then the prior covenant would have been sufficient and Christ would not have had to die. History has proven what God knew all along, that the determination of the individual alone has never been enough. A more profitable message would be to look to Christ towards the submission of the self to the power of the Holy Spirit. To attain an actual state of holiness induced by the Spirit would be a much more worthwhile strategy to present.
katfiche is offline   Reply With Quote