The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Why People Hate You...

Have you ever wondered why someone----oh, let's just say a classmate; a much younger (20?) classmate---- might hate your guts even though you've never said or done or even given the stink eye to her?

Example #1) Asked by the prof how long such and such assignment would take we all answered different things. I said, "about two hours," and this chick goes, (complete with nasty sneer) "oh, you've GOT to be kidding! it would take me 45 min. tops!" I just looked at her kindly and said, "well, I'm slow."

Example #2) When asked if we cared to have class outdoors on a pretty day we were polled and I said, "Oh, either way is fine with me," and she piped up in a loud (she's always loud) voice, and with malice, said, "don't be such a WOMAN!"

there are more examples but the hell with them. What I don't understand is why this young woman hates me when she doesn't even know me at all. I do know she has a crush on the prof. I do not. I do know whe refuses to read her stuff in class---this is a creative writing class and she just WON'T read her stuff---too good or deep for us, i guess.

My question is this: what should I do? she really did make me kind of sad today as she yelled at me (again. and I wasn't even addressing her) and I wondered: what have I DONE? I am trying very, very hard to extend goodness, serenity, calm and compassion (I'm doing twice daily meditation tapes) and I am eating well and looking much better---all in all, feeling happy to have survived this year. So. The negativity thrown willy nilly at me with no basis bothers me.

Shall I completely ignore her? Squeeze myself down into a small marble and not share in class b/c she is a bully? (highly unlikely of me) or what?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote