Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Flint
Snowflake

Handwashing Regimen

I'm pretty particular about hand-washing, but then I do work at a hospital.

I never touch anything (like turning on the water) without using a paper towel. I always use my feet to operate any part of a toilet or toilet seat.

I dry my hands completely, until there is no trace of moisture, and then use an alcohol product, if available. This is under optimal conditions.

However...

Sometimes acceptable hygiene is not possible. Sometimes I look at the facilities available and decide that my own crotch is cleaner than something I would be forced to touch. In that case, washing my hands would be counter-productive.

Sometimes I am literally forced to throw a paper towel on the floor. This happens often. If there is no trash receptacle near the door so that I can throw away that last paper towel, the one I use to open the door with (no way in hell I am touching the door to a bathroom), then I have no choice. I'm not alone on this: I've seen those little piles or paper towels just inside the bathroom door. Put a trashcan there!

If your place of business has a trash receptacle with a revolving lid, or (even worse) spring-loaded lid that has to be touched in order to get trash in there--then guess what: ALL of my trash is going ON YOUR FLOOR. I am not touching a goddamn trashcan. Sometimes the spring loaded lids can be propped open with something, and sometimes the revolving lids can have something THROWN at them hard enough to open them; but if that fails and it goes on the floor, then it stays on the floor. Not my fault.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote