The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

I'm running in a 5K race for charity to help the disabled...

If you want to be nice and donate a few bucks to a worthy charity, check it out:

http://support.yai.org/site/TR?px=10...nal&fr_id=1030

It's the Central Park Challenge on June 3, 2006. Thousands of people will join me in Central Park to show their support by walking, running, and raising funds to support the mission of the YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities network.

The money we raise will make a real difference in the lives of people with autism, mental retardation, Down syndrome, and other developmental disabilities. This support will:

* Provide specialized education and therapy for young children with disabilities, to give them a brighter, more promising future
* Help adults with disabilities find jobs and experience the joy of financial independence
* Create group homes where people with disabilities can live independently and enjoy being part of their communities

Please help me and the YAI/NIPD Network achieve these goals by supporting the Central Park Challenge.