The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #16
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 39,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I bet thatís how NyQuil gets you.
Nope. It sneaks up on ya in yer sleep.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #17
jaminhealth
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Santa Monica CA
Posts: 226
Licorice can/does elevate BP.

Amazing how so many just make big jokes out of serious stuff......wow
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #18
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posts: 18,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Licorice can/does elevate BP.

Amazing how so many just make big jokes out of serious stuff......wow
You have to eat a shit ton of licorice or have a tenuous grip on health to be laid low by it. There was a guy recently in the news who died from licorice. Maybe he was washing it down with grapefruit juice?


When I worked in a semi-hippy bakery back in the '70s (honey, carob, whole wheat) we'd get people coming in asking for whole wheat chocolate chip cookies.



If you need the fiber in a whole wheat chocolate chip cookie you're eating too many fucking cookies.
__________________
The internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously. - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #19
Flint
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 13,122
man, I can't believe you guys are joking about such serious matters

what total pieces of shit we all must be
__________________
******************
There's a level of facility that everyone needs to accomplish, and from there
it's a matter of deciding for yourself how important ultra-facility is to your
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:15 PM   #20
monster
I hear them call the tide
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 30,818
We want fame via flies too!
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:35 PM   #21
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Posts: 18,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
man, I can't believe you guys are joking about such serious matters

what total pieces of shit we all must be
you laugh but I know a piece of shit that sparked a cholera epidemic
__________________
The internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously. - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:04 PM   #22
BigV
Goon Squad Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,050
I can't believe this fuckin jam is going away because of such a simple and unimportant reason. It makes me think of the time a member of my previous extended family totaled her car because there was a bee in the car. Yeah, the bee freaked her out, but avoiding damage to the bee by destroying the whole car was not a good deal for anyone.
__________________
Be Just and Fear Not.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #23
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 20,007
I really don't think you can lay the Cellar's closing on this small incident. It's just the straw that broke the camel's back, is all. UT has been dissatisfied with things for a long time.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #24
monster
I hear them call the tide
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 30,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I really don't think you can lay the Cellar's closing on this small incident. It's just the straw that broke the camel's back, is all. UT has been dissatisfied with things for a long time.
this.
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:40 AM   #25
Griff
still says videotape
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 26,813
Definitely what Clod said. We had had much uglier incidents bitd. Tony wants out. That's his right.
__________________
If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you.
- Louis D. Brandeis
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #26
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
I can't believe this fuckin jam is going away because of such a simple and unimportant reason. It makes me think of the time a member of my previous extended family totaled her car because there was a bee in the car. Yeah, the bee freaked her out, but avoiding damage to the bee by destroying the whole car was not a good deal for anyone.
Remember that time when you threatened to just assume I'm a horrible racist, or whatever, because I wouldn't engage with you on your race argument?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:19 AM   #27
Undertoad
Radical Centrist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Cottage of Prussia
Posts: 31,406
This thread is great BTW - started by xoB to say you can't trust pharma

There was no dogpile on him

The annoyance comes along and agrees, and says yeah you can't trust pharma -and it became part of the dogpile

it is then curious why nobody dogpiled xoB for his anti-medicine anti-science take

after all he started the thread

if this is a threatening position to hold, one from which we must protect friends and family, it is way more threatening for this disinformation to be shared by a respected long-time dwellar

but, any excuse is a good excuse for the mob
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #28
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 25,961
Its because right now we are in the middle of a global pandemic and there has been and still is a concerted effort from some quarters to spread misinformation - which is having very real world consequences.

That isn't to say I think that is what Jam is up to - I know plenty of people who have a similar mindset and are nothing to do with any movement.

But it is why those points are drawing a much harsher response than they might have if Jam had posted this stuff a year ago.

The stakes have risen
__________________
Quote:
There's only so much punishment a man can take in pursuit of punani. - Sundae
http://sites.google.com/site/danispoetry/
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:23 PM   #29
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DC
Posts: 13,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
it is then curious why nobody dogpiled xoB for his anti-medicine anti-science take
Is it, though? He posted 19th century snake oil essentially making the same claims that today's "alternative medicine" does.
__________________
_________________
|...............| We live in the nick of times.
| Len 17, Wid 3 |
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #30
Flint
Snowflake
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 13,122
Dana you're being hysterical-- the mortality rate for single Asian dads between 32 and 37 years of age is less than .002 variance from an inflation-adjusted aggregate of cumulative healthcare outcomes for every year since 1932-- but the mainstream media won't report on that!! .
__________________
******************
There's a level of facility that everyone needs to accomplish, and from there
it's a matter of deciding for yourself how important ultra-facility is to your
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.