The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Shhhhh... We've secretly replaced his usual political system whipping boy with Carly Fiorina his usual business school whipping girl, let's see if he notices.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
[i]Shhhhh... We've secretly replaced his usual political system whipping boy with Carly Fiorina
So she has been castrated?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Trump.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think the use of the word "legitimate" may be kind of smart just as long as he doesn't let himself get tricked into defining "legitimate rape", which he's successfully done so far.

Unspeakably immoral IMO, but maybe not stupid. Remember, some geniuses are evil.....

I'm finding it really hard to stay away from religion here, which will undoubtedly cause me to offend just about every body, so i think I'd better stop.

I think what this guy says does and believes is despicable, i was just rising to the challenge of the thread. And now I remember why i stay away from the politics forum.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

I'm finding it really hard to stay away from religion here, which will undoubtedly cause me to offend just about every body, so i think I'd better stop.
[my teenage]Do it! You won't.[/daughters]
Old 08-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
See, that's exactly what I want to know. What does he call a 'legitimate rape'? Since when did rapes come in degrees of legitimacy? Like.. is it an illegitimate rape if he gets it in but doesn't/can't leave anything behind? Is it only legitimate if the person reports it and not if she (or he for that matter) is too ashamed/traumatized/terrorized to say anything? Is it only legitimate if it's the man raping the woman?

Also, I want him and the doctors he spoke with to cite sources as to this wonderful defense mechanism my body has that only he and those doctors know about that can prevent pregnancy. If we human women can autonomously delay pregnancy like the striped desert mouse, I would love to know more about it. For reasons.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf View Post
See, that's exactly what I want to know. What does he call a 'legitimate rape'? Since when did rapes come in degrees of legitimacy? Like.. is it an illegitimate rape if he gets it in but doesn't/can't leave anything behind? Is it only legitimate if the person reports it and not if she (or he for that matter) is too ashamed/traumatized/terrorized to say anything? Is it only legitimate if it's the man raping the woman?

Also, I want him and the doctors he spoke with to cite sources as to this wonderful defense mechanism my body has that only he and those doctors know about that can prevent pregnancy. If we human women can autonomously delay pregnancy like the striped desert mouse, I would love to know more about it. For reasons.
Answer from not necessarily a news source.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Answer from not necessarily a news source.

Worth reading.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
See, that's exactly what I want to know. What does he call a 'legitimate rape'?
He defines 'legitimate' rape as 'forcible' rape.

Quote:
So Huckabee gave Akin a chance to apologize for the comment, and he did -- he said something that was "wrong," and hurtful to rape victims. Good so far. But right after that, Huckabee prodded Akin to define what he meant by "legitimate." Did he mean "forcible"?

Yes, said Akin. "I was talking about forcible rape," he said. "I used the wrong word."
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...ible_rape.html
Old 08-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
He defines 'legitimate' rape as 'forcible' rape.
Can't think of a type of rape (again, there's different kinds now?) where there isn't someone forcing themselves on another person. Has rape-by-osmosis been established then?

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Can't think of a type of rape (again, there's different kinds now?) where there isn't someone forcing themselves on another person. Has rape-by-osmosis been established then?
Naive child. There are two types of rape.

'Legitimate' rape can be defined as when the woman becomes so traumatized by the rape event that her body doesn't allow the pregnancy process to happen (just trust me this....don't bother me with this science bullshit).

'Other" rape can be defined as when the woman is not traumatized by the rape event, leading her body to believe it was consensual and allows the pregnancy process to happen. This should actually not be considered rape because she is obviously being a drama queen but those damn femi-nazis and liberal professors got to define "rape" first.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Nonsense. No matter what your religious belief, it must have zero affect on anyone else. Satanic is the man who imposes his religion on anyone else.

Religion is only a relationship between you and your god. Even your church is only a adviser who says at the end the day, "Only you have the correct beliefs." Does not matter if you believe something different from the pastor or church. His job, at the end of the day, is to respect the only relevant relationship - between you and your god.

A church that expels parishioners (because they have different religious beliefs) is the only evil party. If your religious opinions offend anyone else, then that other person is evil. Because your religion is never imposed on them. And their beliefs never imposed on you. Same concepts apply to any non-Satanic person anywhere in the world.

Satan loves when the Pope orders all American legislatures to impose Catholic doctrine on all Americans. No wonder this Pope also all but protected pedophilia. Another example of religion imposing their dogma on all others. Because the Church is even more important than god. And because those concepts even justify the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition.

No wonder women cannot be trusted in any position of authority in Satan's favorite religions.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Well Monster, I will go there for you. Religion FOSTERS stupid. And for a very good reason...control. And it works really well.

Thats why I, too, try to stay away from that kind of stupid...its maddening to be around.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
monster
I hear them call the tide

Legitimate means as defined by law. So he doesn't need to define it, the law does. He may wish to change the law..... but seeing as he wishes to outlaw abortion, that's moot too.

Almost citing sources for this scientific phenomenon was probably the stupidest thing he did. Should have said it was in the bible.

shut up, monster, shut up..............
Old 08-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

So, if you are raped and do get pregnant, you must have actually wanted it so therefore it wasn't really rape, because REAL rapes never result in pregnancy? That's what Akin thinks?

This guy gets to stay in office? Jebus fricking Crepes.

Why are women letting these assholes take us back in time? Every right we had to fight for, all the crap we still have to fight for, and someone can just say this nasty crap and we all nod and go about our business?

For the sakes of your mothers, your daughters, your aunts, your sisters, can't some of you get together and beat the snot out of the pasty little fuck face? And fuck him in the ass while you're at it. It will be a legitimate rape because he won't get pregnant.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote