The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 04-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #16
Tool
seldom right

Segovia, Barcelona, Philly & Bingo, wow - quite the metropolitain lineup!

you forgot to mention that Binghamton, NY was once the NY state headquarters of the KKK - good goin' Bingo
Economic hiccups are the trademark of the surrounding area - EJ's, IBM, etc...
you also forgot that over the last 20 years the drug scene in that town has become ridiculous - set 3 hours from the city with a major highway that runs from NYC through Bingo to Buffalo, Canada & Florida - Run those drugs boys, run, run! The perfect stop-over on your way out of the country - come visit Bingo!
And how bout that Veteran's Memorial satdium? Only 30+ years old - run down and cant hold a team for more than 5 or 6 years. While I lived there I saw the Binghamton Whalers, Binghamton Rangers and BC Icemen.
AA Baseball? Yeah - nobody even goes to that - the interest ran out after only 3 years and they started in 91?
Binghamton is also known as the "Pub City" because they have about 300 bars.
Oh yeah, there is a wannabe Division 1A college there also.
So basicly, it goes like this - if you are a drug dealer, alcoholic or college student... welcome home to Bingo!!!

I grew up there and got out after high school - don't get sucked into the black hole - get out while there is still time!!!
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 11:02 PM   #17
Tool
seldom right

Ok, I did remember 1 good thing about bingo now - the food!

Best Italian food around - Little Venice cant be beat!!!
Spedies are as good as advertised - better during the Spedie Fest! does that thing even still happen?
There is also the best pizza that I have ever eaten - I cant remember the name but it is located next to Wilson Hospital - a little place - only a 20' x 20' building but it is king!
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:43 AM   #18
Griff
still says videotape

[jingle] 797-9960 Call Brozetteis for pizza to go. [/jingle] Repeat forever... can't shake the jingle but the pie is awesome.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:41 AM   #19
Pete
Resident President

Oh - you guys forgot to mention the Chris Thater Memorial Bike races. Went last summer for the first time. It was thrilling. I almost felt proud to be from here ... almost.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 02:23 PM   #20
Griff
still says videotape

I went to the Chris Thater last year, it was good fun. I'll have to defend the BMets, they drew better last than they had been. Its a great park to watch bazball in. The Senators are a big step up from the Icemen and they actually win a lot. Warch mentioned something about watchin hockey in barns as a good thing. The arena is a hole but its the right size for the town and building something new and glitzy would be wasted dollars. Hockey fans don't need shiney high tech arenas.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:49 PM   #21
Griff
still says videotape

Oh, btw there's a new gallery in that low white building on Baldwin just down from Brozettis. "Specific Bodies, Anonymous Remains" is the name of the show. Sculpture and painting...
Old 04-17-2003, 10:25 AM   #22
warch
lurkin old school

Quote:
Hockey fans don't need shiney high tech arenas.
You just need to be able to see.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:00 AM   #23
ANVmatt
Person Who Has Posted

I am from the Binghamton, NY area (Conklin, NY) and I just so happen to work at the Spiedie and Rib Pit on the parkway next to BU.

To anyone who doesn't know what spiedies are, I am very sorry.
ANVmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:33 AM   #24
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ok, you're sorry. Fine. All is forgiven. But is it Spiedie like "Peter Parker's alter ego's 'Spiedie-senses' were tingling" or Spiedie like 'Spiedie Gonzales--fastest mouse in the west!". Or something else?
Old 02-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #25
Seppi088
Kinda New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Segovia, Barcelona, Philly & Bingo, wow - quite the metropolitain lineup!

you forgot to mention that Binghamton, NY was once the NY state headquarters of the KKK - good goin' Bingo
Economic hiccups are the trademark of the surrounding area - EJ's, IBM, etc...
you also forgot that over the last 20 years the drug scene in that town has become ridiculous - set 3 hours from the city with a major highway that runs from NYC through Bingo to Buffalo, Canada & Florida - Run those drugs boys, run, run! The perfect stop-over on your way out of the country - come visit Bingo!
And how bout that Veteran's Memorial satdium? Only 30+ years old - run down and cant hold a team for more than 5 or 6 years. While I lived there I saw the Binghamton Whalers, Binghamton Rangers and BC Icemen.
AA Baseball? Yeah - nobody even goes to that - the interest ran out after only 3 years and they started in 91?
Binghamton is also known as the "Pub City" because they have about 300 bars.
Oh yeah, there is a wannabe Division 1A college there also.
So basicly, it goes like this - if you are a drug dealer, alcoholic or college student... welcome home to Bingo!!!

I grew up there and got out after high school - don't get sucked into the black hole - get out while there is still time!!!
Couldnt of said it better myslef, although I do wish I could have brought a few of the excellent resturants and Brozzettis pizza with me when I moved to Florida!
Seppi088 is offline   Reply With Quote