Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Philadelphia
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philadelphia Home to many Cellar users: the city of neighborhoods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2001, 11:29 PM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Sycamore vs. the PLCB

Click here for the pic...it's a bit big and I didn't want to bog down the server with it.

Since Rho and I aren't moving now, I finally decided to hook up my scanner...after being here 10 months.

This isn't exactly mind-blowing...but I feel it to be a public service for the liquor consumers in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I decided to grab a comment card when I was at the liquor store last week and fill it out. I also included my address on the card to see if the state actually replies to my complaint. Not like they'll actually do anything about it, but hey, you never know. In any case, when/if I get a reply, I'll put it up.

(Those unfamiliar with this, or not from PA: The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board runs the liquor stores throughout the state. This is the only place you can buy bottles of wine or liquor in the state, unless of course you're buying shots at a bar or wine at a restaurant. The whole setup for buying beer and alcohol in the state is, in my opinion, beyond ridiculous. But I'll stop for now.)

NOTE: After originally posting this, a few folks noticed that Tripod no longer allows remote loading. (Since it's been so long since I've done something like this, I had no clue. Thanks guys!) The above link is now correct as of 10pm EDT 7/21.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 07-21-2001 at 08:59 PM.