The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

the GM here at work was watching cnn and they broke a leak story saying that the US actually didn't kill bin laden but that he was killed by his own people. something about that he ordered them to do it in case it looked like he was either going to be captured or killed by the americans, he didn't want to die by an american hand but rather one of his own people. either way i don't care. he's dead.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

You have won nothing, Jill, and you're not going to. Sure, you're stubborn. Sure, you pursue subadult ideas. Those shall not win the day for you, handily nor otherwise. Fanatics collide with me and they break.

Let's start in on the nature of the Left, shall we?

Quote:
The large number of rich Leftists suggests that, for them, envy is secondary. They are directly driven by hatred and scorn for many of the other people that they see about them. Hatred of others can be rooted in many things, not only in envy. But the haters come together as the Left.

Leftists hate the world around them and want to change it: the people in it most particularly. Conservatives just want to be left alone to make their own decisions and follow their own values.

The failure of the Soviet experiment has definitely made the American Left more vicious and hate-filled than they were. The plain failure of what passed for ideas among them has enraged rather than humbled them.
Particularly this last is whence the opposition to the Obama Administration and its agenda springs. Even the temperately-read words of the usual sort of Obama speech, exemplified in the "clinging bitterly to their guns and their religion" speech, show a profound disdain for people who just plain don't merit disdain. It mischaracterizes them as bitter, then abuses the practitioners of the vaccination of the body politic against genocide -- or do the JPFO have it all wrong?

I doubt that last in particular.

Being rather right of center myself allows and causes me to be whole -- unbroken. I am not here to lead you astray, Jill. I am here to do the very opposite. Indeed, such is my character that I could no other, all right? You don't have to like it right off, you don't have to believe me right off. But you will come to a somewhat uncomfortable awareness that I do rather well, because of what I hew to; because I have a clear understanding of who and what the monsters are. This is a faculty the Left -- well, it is kindest to say that they lack it.

This will, I think, be a great deal of fun.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
Fair&Balanced
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post

Being rather right of center myself allows and causes me to be whole -- unbroken. I am not here to lead you astray, Jill. I am here to do the very opposite. Indeed, such is my character that I could no other, all right? You don't have to like it right off, you don't have to believe me right off. But you will come to a somewhat uncomfortable awareness that I do rather well, because of what I hew to; because I have a clear understanding of who and what the monsters are. This is a faculty the Left -- well, it is kindest to say that they lack it.

This will, I think, be a great deal of fun.
Or perhaps you are just a legend in your own mind.

A strange mind indeed to quote Michael Graham, who suggests that all of Islam is a terrorist organization.

Leaves one to wonder if he was speaking about himself and those who quote him when he said:, "The problem is not extremism."

Right. The problem is fear-mongering, whether its an "islamofacist" hiding under our beds or Obama taking away your guns.
Fair&Balanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair&Balanced View Post
Or perhaps you are just a legend in your own mind.
There are those who can only make excuses for not crediting good ideas when they are exposed to them. Some folks are only clinically sane. They contend with me bitterly. And they tend to come apart. So be what your handle claims you are, and go read Graham -- assuming you have both the integrity and the courage, for so many leftward folks think they are supposed to live without either. Annoys the hell out of them when somebody they know does.

Quote:
A strange mind indeed to quote Michael Graham, who suggests that all of Islam is a terrorist organization.
Read the man and figure out for yourself if he has worthy ideas. After all, how is secondhand trash from you going to persuade anyone you think needs persuading of the rightness of your way? I definitely recommend That's No Angry Mob, That's My Mom to your attention. Not every idea he's got is going to be worthy, but so what? One can certainly understand a certain -- frustration, directed at Islam and its societies, yes? And what else has Michael Graham come up with? You don't have to take the gun with the cannoli, do you?

Now for your off-kilter remark about "fearmongering," I say to you righteous indignation is not fear. Egg on your face is what you will end up with -- as you generally have. It comes of having to lie to yourself to stay on the Left. Believe me, it ain't worth it. That's why I'm on the right.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Dude, he's not dead. He's pining for the fjords.

And Jill rocks.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post

And Jill rocks.
Definitely understated
Old 05-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Witch hunts all across Europe and US, US Slavery, Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition

Just a few of the atrocities that Christians (who did believe in the after life) committed.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #8
lookout123
changed his status to single

I identify as being right of center in most areas (shocker, I know) and I still believe UG is someone's sock puppet. Colbert, The Onion, UG...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I identify as being right of center in most areas (shocker, I know) and I still believe UG is someone's sock puppet. Colbert, The Onion, UG...
Join the club, my friend. I think I've said that on a number of occasions. Although, back in the old Cellar days we had one or two people with views so extreme I thought the same thing. I believe that Barak turned out to be a real person.

There are people out there with extremely closed minds and extremist views that to them seem close to the mainstream. Any number of Wolf's former clients are probably surprised that anyone challenges what to them are simple facts.

There are people on the left who are also extreme. I would state, however, that being 'liberal' by definition means that one is open to other views. This does place extreme left-wingers vulnerable to either having their views challenged or to losing any claim to the title.

I'm still not sure if UG is a sock puppet, but the day I believe that gets closer the more extreme and indefensible his expressed views become. One day it won't be a choice of 'sock puppet or not', but of 'wool or cotton' .

Getting back on topic, I was talking to a conservative acquaintance and we both agreed that 'dancing in the streets' is a disturbing response. I was shocked and appalled when the bodies of American servicemen were dragged through the streets in Somalia. I had always hoped that we would not be like that. Killing an enemy is necessary in war. Feeling resolution, relief, and even satisfaction is reasonable. Expressing joyful exuberance in the taking of a life or lives is an attitude I would like to leave to our enemies as one of the differences between us that we are fighting to uphold.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
There are people on the left who are also extreme.
Do you think any of them will ever visit the cellar?

Quote:
I would state, however, that being 'liberal' by definition means that one is open to other views.
That may be the definition but that doesn't seem to be the SOP for many of the self described liberals found in the cellar and the streets.

Now as far as the dancing in the streets business, for me it isn't a moral issue so much as an intelligence issue. He's dead. Someone else was put in danger to accomplish the mission and they succeeded. Good on them. Dipshits dancing in Times Square is about the same as sports fans running through the streets like they had scored the championship winning point themselves. Fuck off, enjoy the moment and act like adults.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Now as far as the dancing in the streets business
There were a few who had lost family. Seemed like the vast majority were college-aged people. That assessment is from what I saw on MSNBC. They were cheering for Obama, I hope.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Anatomically, my heart is just left of center.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #13
lookout123

I'm conservative so I had my heart removed. It wasn't being used and all.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #14
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

I hope you did a sale-lease back arrangement so you could take full advantage of the federal tax breaks and accelerated depreciation.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
lookout123

I'm not sure, last I heard my accountant was splitting it into zeros and the like for the derivatives market. Seems some dumbass bleeding hearts want to back up their claims of having more heart. or was that Eng er Land supporters???

Tags
i love tw, i love ug, merc luvs jill, merry xmas from barry o, rip ug, teh president barry, u want me, who be barrio?