The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Whadjaget?

Huh? Huh? What did santa bring yahs??

Note: The Puppies and Kitties Calendar, along with the little stuffed moose were gifts from a patient, which was extraordinarily touching. The highball glasses were the door prize from the company party.
Attached Images

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
cjjulie
Colonist Extraordinaire

some perfume, CD....my daughter got a new Honda 70 and my son got a new Honda 50 with all the safety wear. Needless to say we didn't get much for each other. The well had runneth dryeth...
cjjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I got a warm outdoor suit to keep me warm and am .MP3 player to keep me in tunage.
And two gift cards for WalMart and Circuit City. I smell new additions to my DVD collection coming.

Happy Happy!

Brian
Old 12-25-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Mmmmmmmmm, chocolate covered pretzels. Mmmmmmmm.

I got a Sirius radio for my car. WooHoo!!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:23 PM   #5
triestemoi
Civil Civilian

I am so thrilled....I got omelet pans and a coffee mug that plugs into my car's cigarette lighter. Only the coffee mug is "on order".... :
triestemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:39 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I am thoroughly consumed by the Prince of Persia currently. I gave GTA: San Andreas a try, though.

My goodness. I did not expect that language from a video game.

Even that video game.

The soundtrack is awesome.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-25-2004, 10:52 PM   #7
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

What is in the box between P of P and GTA? It looks like a hand-cranked LCD display, from what I can see of the picture.

We actually did our Yule last Saturday night, so I've had my stuff for a week. I'm sitting in the best one, a brand new, high-backed office chair. My second favorite was the ESPN NFL 2K5 game for X-Box. Third favorite was a dollar store thing, a crystal, laser-etched-inside sort of 3D image of my horrorscope sign. Also got the Star Wars trilogy on DVD, a DVD copy of Spiderman 2, a digital multimeter and a $20 gift card to the local mega-mall.

Topping it all off was the fact that my boss gave me his Chiefs tickets for the game today, so my son and I went and enjoyed a real barn-burner, with the Chiefs pulling it out against the hated Raiders in the last 20 seconds.

Considering that I spent the first part of this week at a hospital death vigil when I wasn't working, then spent the past two days at two different funerals, this has been a surprisingly rewarding holiday season. Oh...I forgot to mention that we had to take youngest stepson to the ER yesterday with a severely swollen uvula (he could barely breathe).

The beat goes on and on and on and on....
Old 12-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #8
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

I think this was my least 'stuff' Holiday, but one I'll remember the most.

Yes, I got some things...(a Sizzix die Cut machine, some goregous sweaters, a nice addition to the Daggy's getting a kick ass car fund), other goodies that I'll have to dust once in a while...

But this was the first year in seven years we LIVED Christmas. I finally got to learn the heirloom baking secrets for sugar cookies and sand tarts, spent more time with my Mom and Gramma than I have in a long time, laughed, cried, and shared family memories. And we're not even done yet. Tomorrow is our big family dinner, when everyone is coming in from far and wide, except for my brother and his family from NC, to share time together, visit with my Grandmother, and enjoy time together as a family.

I learned that Christmas is much more than gifts under the tree, shopping like a fiend, and spending time rushing around to get things 'just right'. It's the lucid smile on my Grandmother's face, the hours spent with my Aunt and Grandmother as we talked about long standing Christmas traditions, and the newer ones we've added in over the past few years as people have come into our lives and touched our family. The silly movies, jokes, and other goofiness brought on by a tad bit too much Captain and Coke. It's the heartfelt prayer of a family who is dealing with a lot of crap right now, but can still be thankful that we have a reason to celebrate this season.

I'm glad you all enjoyed your holiday. And hope that at some point in time this weekend, you can take a moment or two, sit by the light of your tree (or other festive light source if you don't decorate a tree) and think about what these few days mean in the grand scheme of things.

Because when it comes down to it, it's what you're left with, and it's what you take with you.

Stay warm, stay happy, and be blessed.

Dagney

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:32 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
What is in the box between P of P and GTA? It looks like a hand-cranked LCD display, from what I can see of the picture.
That is a hand cranked AM/FM radio. It is now part of my "fall of civilization" supplies.

Of course, when civilization falls we will still have to have AM/FM radio broadcasts for it to be of any use ... but it's a start. It will also run on batteries.

Occasionally, without meaning to, my mother gets something in the "goofy gift" category that is useful.

Oh, other stuff that's not immediately obvious - The big box under everything else is a VCR/DVD combo, and the small jewelry box has a pair of earrings from Coldwater Creek with moose on them.

Last edited by wolf; 12-26-2004 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #10
Fudge Armadillo
What's the matter with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjulie
some perfume, CD....my daughter got a new Honda 70 and my son got a new Honda 50 with all the safety wear. Needless to say we didn't get much for each other. The well had runneth dryeth...
My dad got me one of these...

I was more impressed with the fact that he took the #4 off and put my number on... of course, now I am aftraid to scratch it.

I bought myself a new 450 this year, so I know where you guys are at. There are six bikes in my garage right now. Ugh. I hope the kids enjoy!
Old 12-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #11
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

The latest Liberty Meadows collection, a Capitol Steps CD, and a set of martini glasses (my third set--it's amazing how quickly the first 2 sets got broken, and we don't in general have a high rate of glassware breakage).
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:44 PM   #12
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I spent christmas over at Dragon17's house. He and his wife bought me a digital weather station with outdoor remote sensor and two indoor repeaters with time, indoor temp, and outdoor temp.

This is the kind of gadget I have been looking at for years but could never buy for myself. I set it up last night. It has a min/max temperature function which will tell you the highest and lowest outdoor temp in a time period (not sure if 24 hours or from last reset) and the time at which it ocurred.

Oh, and I got myself the new PC which I just finished upgrading a few minutes ago with 768MB Ram, DVD+/- R/RW drive, CD-RW drive, 128 MB GeForce card, and 5.1 sound card.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #13
perth
Strong Silent Type

A new set of tires for the Pimpwagon (I call it that to convince myself that chicks dig it).
A dartboard (This is great. I haven't had that much fun in a long time).
New clothes that actually fit, including a really nice french-cut shirt.
For myself, I got a wireless controller for the Gamecube and a copy of "King Arthur".
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:24 AM   #14
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

A handmade calendar
Some origami window hangings
A book on philosophy in Lord of the Rings
A flannel shirt
A fleece shirt
Socks
A trip to the Grand Canyon sometime this spring.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:33 AM   #15
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

For my birthday/Christmas, my mom named a star after me (Virgo RA 13h18m33s D 06 46')

She wanted me to open something, so she got me a tin of pistachios and a hand made bowl that I am to pass down in the family.

My boys went in together and got me the collectors edition DVD of Spiderman2 and got Husband a 700 piece jigsaw puzzle and glue to make it stick. I'll post some pics on my webpage.

Mostly, I had a nervous breakdown that had Husband worried for a few hours, because someone threw a rock and shattered my driver's side car window. It didn't break OUT, so they weren't trying to break in, they just wanted to cause distruction.

Merry Christmas.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote