Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2002, 02:57 AM   #8
Lt
Fresh Incumbent

Quote:
I've never heard a hippie preaching violence. Or even drugs. The second may be because there aren't many hippies anymore.
You never went to any of the free festivals I went to...Love Peace and Chainsaws was the motto of the mellow fellows.

Chainsaws were usually reserved for the Police, people whose property they squatted and, when they had no use for it any longer, the property itself.

Never heard of a hippy preaching drugs? I never met one that didn't preach the use of drugs whether for their holistic healing properties, mind/conciousness/intellect expanding properties (riiiiight), or other such BS.

They call themselves new age travellers, druids, sociologists or other such arse these days and they often live in teepees or clapped out old buses and vans on other people's land shunning work, the state and society but accepting the welfare cheques it produces.

Different name, same thing. They are still with us. Lazy, self absorbed assholes with a major chip on their shoulder about the world at large.

There are still some who think sitting round doing nothing but smoking pot and talking crap makes them radical, revolutionaries or whatever who are going to change the world.

It didn't happen in the sixties, it sure as hell ain't going to happen now
Lt is offline   Reply With Quote