The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
Beevee
Eavesdropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post

The only country I'd really consider is Canada. No real problem with the language (I even have basic French), real seasons and a reasonably intelligent government. I'd miss England like crazy though. It would have to be for love. Any tips BeeVee?!
Tips? On love or your basic French or intelligent government?

I live in the west island of Montreal and don't need even basic French. Most people speak English or understand enough for a reasonable conversation.

Intelligent government? Well, I'm not so sure about that. At the moment the Quebec Party, although it's not in power in the province is pushing for every immigrant to be able to speak French before they are granted residence. This from the party leader who cannot even speak English in what is a bilingual country. The present Federal Conservative government is having problems too.

That you would miss England like crazy? Only maybe until you have settled here.

The weather. It's cold here in winter but it's not humid as it is in the U.K. So, although it might be -10F today, I don't have that feeling of dampness when I go out. It's just the snow that bothers me. None ot that London two inches that disappears after 24 hours. Once it starts here the snow remains until spring.
Beevee is offline   Reply With Quote