The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 02-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Cloud

Movie night!

Gather your loved ones around and enjoy a movie night. Here are some theme night suggestions--with food!

At the drive in: American Graffiti, Diner (hot dogs, nachos, classic candy, ice cream bars, popcorn, NC-17 root beer float (made with vanilla rum & rootbeer)

Cult Faves: Pink Panther, This is Spinal Tap Raising Arizona, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Harold & Maude

For all ages: Holes, Raiders of the Lost Ark, National Velvet, Willow, Forest Gump, Wizard of Oz, Fantasia, Spider Man

Comedy: The Jerk, Airplane!, The Producers, Sleeper, Silver Streak, Heartbreak Kid, Trading Places,

Dude Friendly: Something about Mary, The Princess Bride, Stripes, Caddyshack, Scarface, The Cannonball Run

Girls Night: Foxes, Thelma & Louise, Breakfast at Tiffanys

Fear Factor: Dawn of the Dead, Silence of the Lambs, Jaws

Romantic: Love Story, Sixteen Candles, Bridget Jones' Diary

Surfs Up: Blue Crush, Gidget (Blue Hawaiian, pina colada, pinapple & ham pizza, grilled shrip w/chili-lime marinade)

Brit Pack: About a Boy, Alfie (mini fish & chips--frozen fish tenders & steak fries sprinkled with salt, pepper and paprika, wrapped in paper towels & newspaper--Guiness, hard cider)

Wedding Bells: My best friend's wedding, Philadelphia Story, The Wedding Story, Father of the Bride (wedding cake & champagne cocktail bar)

School Daze: Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Animal House (keg, pizza)

Abondonanza Action: Godfather, Married to the Mob (ziti casserole, Chianti, cannoli, water guns)

Sweet Summer Night: Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory, Chocolat, Like Water for Chocolate (chocolate fondue with pretzels, strawberries, gumdrops, marshmallows)
Old 02-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Is it a good or a bad thing that there are only 9 of those movies that I have not seen? (7 of which I would have no interest or intention of seeing).

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Is it a good or a bad thing that there are only 9 of those movies that I have not seen? (7 of which I would have no interest or intention of seeing).
Is it a good or bad thing that you took the trouble to count?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Cloud

er . . you're putting a moral judgment on the number of movies you've seen? (boggles)

that said, it's probably a good thing--if you've shared them with friends and had good times. Bad thing if you've thrown tomatoes or used feminine hygiene articles at the screen.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Lord...there are only seven that I haven't seen.

Why no foods for some of the themes? I mean, Jaws should be easy enough. Chicken legs ala tennis shoe. Marinated license plate. Scuba tank surprise.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
Cloud

because I took this off of some tv show and was making notes--I guess they either didn't offer food or I didn't like the food so didn't write them down, or forgot, or . . . geesh, whaddya want here? Just go forth--enjoy!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Reinterpretation of the above list

A Gay Boys Night Out: "Holes", "The Jerk", "About A Boy" (eachother)

Old 02-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
A Gay Boys Night Out: "Holes", "The Jerk", "About A Boy" (eachother)

hot dogs & buns!
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
hot dogs & buns!
Same thing. hahaha
Old 02-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
Cloud

The Bird Cage, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Hedwig & the Angry Inch.

You betcha!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #11
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Gather your loved ones around and enjoy a movie night. Here are some theme night suggestions--with food!

At the drive in: American Graffiti, Diner (hot dogs, nachos, classic candy, ice cream bars, popcorn, NC-17 root beer float (made with vanilla rum & rootbeer); Arachnaphobia & Tremors. Great drive in favorites! True story: this was the double bill on the first movie date for me and the (then future ihopeihopeihope) MrsV.

Cult Faves: Pink Panther All of them. Steve Martin did an honorable job, I must say., This is Spinal Tap Raising Arizona, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Harold & Maude "Now I'll always know where it is!" as she chucks his newly minted gift to her into the lake. Classic.

For all ages: Holes Great story and the book was a district wide reading assignment. All classes had to read it. T'was fun., Raiders of the Lost Ark, National Velvet, Willow, Forest Gump, Wizard of Oz, Fantasia, all of them, vhs and dvd, singles and box sets. I eat this stuff up. Spider Man Kid movies, we have the uno and the dos versions.

Comedy: The Jerk, Airplane!, The Producers, Sleeper, Silver Streak, Heartbreak Kid, Trading Places, Mrs Doubtfire,

Dude Friendly: Something about Mary, The Princess Bride, Stripes, Caddyshack, Scarface, The Cannonball Run Look for Jackie Chan!; Anything Monty Python. All 007.

Girls Night: Foxes, Thelma & Louise, Breakfast at Tiffanys

Fear Factor: Dawn of the Dead, Silence of the Lambs creeeepy.. did you know that Anthony Hopkins' Oscar winning perfomance in this movie was only 26 minutes of screen time? Pow!, Jaws

Romantic: Love Story, Sixteen Candles, Bridget Jones' Diary

Surfs Up: Blue Crush, Gidget (Blue Hawaiian, pina colada, pinapple & ham pizza, grilled shrip w/chili-lime marinade) Step Into Liquid; Riding Giants (similar feeling, different water: Into Thin Air); Endless Summer;

Brit Pack: About a Boy, Alfie (mini fish & chips--frozen fish tenders & steak fries sprinkled with salt, pepper and paprika, wrapped in paper towels & newspaper--Guiness, hard cider) Fawlty Towers--makes me grin just typing it. "Is this a piece of your brain?"

Wedding Bells: My best friend's wedding, Philadelphia Story, The Wedding Story, Father of the Bride Frightening tear-jerker (as the Father of a Daughter) (wedding cake & champagne cocktail bar) ; Four Weddings and a Funeral

School Daze: Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Animal House (keg, pizza) Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure; Strange Brew

Abondonanza Action: Godfather, Married to the Mob (ziti casserole, Chianti, cannoli, water guns)

Sweet Summer Night: Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory, both of them, the old and the new-noir-ish one. Chocolat, Like Water for Chocolate (chocolate fondue with pretzels, strawberries, gumdrops, marshmallows)

Legend:

Bold == Seen it
Bold Italics == Seen it, own it
Bold Underline == Seen it, will own it
Blue == Complimentary suggested titles, trivia

Nice list! I guess I should see those other four.