Visit the Cellar!

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: bright folks talking about everything. The Cellar is the original coffeeshop with no coffee and no shop. Founded in 1990, The Cellar is one of the oldest communities on the net. Join us at the table if you like!

 
What's IotD?

The interesting, amazing, or mind-boggling images of our days.

IotD Stuff

ARCHIVES - over 13 years of IotD!
About IotD
RSS2
XML

Permalink Latest Image

Dec 11th, 2017: Halszka

Recent Images

Dec 10th, 2017: Tuturumuri School
Dec 9th, 2017: Stretchers
Dec 8th, 2017: Wounded Warrior
Dec 7th, 2017: Infamy
Dec 6th, 2017: MAREA
Dec 4th, 2017: Sad Reindeer
Dec 2nd, 2017: Biker Chicks

The CELLAR Tip Mug
Some folks who have noticed IotD

Neatorama
Worth1000
Mental Floss
Boing Boing
Switched
W3streams
GruntDoc's Blog
No Quarters
Making Light
darrenbarefoot.com
GromBlog
b3ta
Church of the Whale Penis
UniqueDaily.com
Sailor Coruscant
Projectionist

Link to us and we will try to find you after many months!

Common image haunts

Astro Pic of the Day
Earth Sci Pic of the Day
We Make Money Not Art
Spluch
ochevidec.net
Strange New Products
Geisha Asobi Blog
Cute animals blog (in Russian)
20minutos.es
Yahoo Most Emailed

Please avoid copyrighted images (or get permission) when posting!

Advertising

Philadelphia Pawn Shop
The best real estate agent in Montgomery County
The best T.38 Fax provider
Epps Beverages and Beer, Limerick, PA
Sal's Pizza, Elkins Park
Burholme Auto Body, Philadelphia
Coles Tobacco, Pottstown
ERM Auto Service, Glenside
Glenside Collision
Moorehead Catering, Trappe
Salon 153, Bala
Dominicks Auto Body, Phoenixville

   Undertoad  Wednesday Jul 19 12:57 PM

7/19/2006: Women F-15 pilots



xoxoxoBruce sends this along possibly not as an IotD, but I'm gonna go ahead and use it anyway. Caption: Four F-15 Eagle pilots from the 3rd Wing walk to their respective jets at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska, on Wednesday, July 5, for the fini flight of Maj. Andrea Misener (far left). To her right are Capt. Jammie Jamieson, Maj. Carey Jones and Capt. Samantha Weeks. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. Keith Brown)

We've previously had an all-women C-130 crew, and I *swear* we had another all woman crew pic that I just can't find anywhere. So perhaps xoB knew I would take this bait. Smart guy. Anyway, it's worth noting that these liberated broads are flying some serious hardware, and that the military may not always look like it does in the picture in your mind.



Spexxvet  Wednesday Jul 19 01:12 PM

I wonder if they put lipstick on while they look in their rearview mirror doing mach 2.

And who would name their kid Jammie Jamieson? The same people that would name their kid Robert Robertson, Hugh Hughes, Ben Dover, Heywood Jablowme, or Shanda Leer?



mlandman  Wednesday Jul 19 01:18 PM

I wonder if

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet
I wonder if they put lipstick on while they look in their rearview mirror doing mach 2.

And who would name their kid Jammie Jamieson? The same people that would name their kid Robert Robertson, Hugh Hughes, Ben Dover, Heywood Jablowme, or Shanda Leer?
The islamic terrorists feel better or worse about this when the bombs land? I bet I know the answer.


Dypok  Wednesday Jul 19 02:40 PM

Something tells me the "islamic terrorists" don't have any problems with bombs no matter what the form of delivery.



Kitsune  Wednesday Jul 19 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandman
The islamic terrorists feel better or worse about this when the bombs land? I bet I know the answer.
Next thing you know, they'll be driving cars.


MaggieL  Wednesday Jul 19 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
We've previously had an all-women C-130 crew, and I *swear* we had another all woman crew pic that I just can't find anywhere.
Did you mean this one?
http://www.af.mil/news/airman/1103/0...-0000c-058.jpg

...or this one?...



see http://www.cellar.org/showpost.php?p=37290&postcount=1


Undertoad  Wednesday Jul 19 04:18 PM

That's the one, thanks!



Trilby  Wednesday Jul 19 04:20 PM

Hey! three out of four female F-15 pilots are blonde!



Elspode  Wednesday Jul 19 04:29 PM

Well, its only a matter of time before Playboy does a "hot babe fighter pilots" issue.



footfootfoot  Wednesday Jul 19 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Anyway, it's worth noting that these liberated broads are flying some serious hardware, and that the military may not always look like it does in the picture in your mind.
There was an article in the onion a while back citing recent advances made in the workplace by broads, namely how htey are taken more seriously and get more respect than they used to.

And after looking at the last image of those four pilots, I can assure you the picture in my mind would end up on another thread...


capnhowdy  Wednesday Jul 19 04:41 PM

I wonder if they ground them during 'that time'...



glatt  Wednesday Jul 19 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL

I didn't know Tonya Harding was in the military.


Clodfobble  Wednesday Jul 19 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Hey! three out of four female F-15 pilots are blonde!
Nah, the two on the right look like dye jobs, see the roots? 2 out of 3 brunette female F-15 pilots wish they were blonde...

On the other hand, 4 out of 4 KC-135 pilots appear to be naturally blonde.


capnhowdy  Wednesday Jul 19 05:21 PM

someone 'shop the uniforms to insert some cameltoe.



BigV  Wednesday Jul 19 05:52 PM

Names...

Perhaps she married into the name. A good friend of ours married into a surname that matched her first name. Who would name their child "Leslie Leslie"? *


* not her real name, but the illustration is intact.



barefoot serpent  Wednesday Jul 19 06:10 PM

so, do they still say: Tally ho?



MaggieL  Wednesday Jul 19 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
someone 'shop the uniforms to insert some cameltoe.
If a male pilot wouldn't tolerate a flight suit that tight in the crotch (they wouldn't) why should a woman?

You'll have to settle for this:


Happy Monkey  Wednesday Jul 19 07:24 PM

Maybe not camel-toe-tight....



footfootfoot  Wednesday Jul 19 08:40 PM

You'd think the taters he stuffed down there would be uncomfortable...



MaggieL  Wednesday Jul 19 09:34 PM

He's dressed for an S-2 flight; needs the parachute harness. F-15 chute is built into the seat, as I recall; all the girls need is a helmet bag.



Elspode  Wednesday Jul 19 11:26 PM

Anybody want to take a shot at what their Fighter Pilot Nicknames are?



funkykule  Thursday Jul 20 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
The girl on the bottom right looks about 12 years old to me. Was she a part of the crew or was it parents day?


Beestie  Thursday Jul 20 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykule
The girl on the bottom right looks about 12 years old to me. Was she a part of the crew or was it parents day?
Don't make her pop a daisy cutter in yo' ass.


MurMetz  Thursday Jul 20 09:45 AM

I wonder if "Jammie" is a nick-name -- Pajama Jamieson?!?!?!

What the heck were those parents thinking!!!



findpolitics  Thursday Jul 20 10:04 AM

Beautiful. (both from a proud pro-equality standpoint, and ... well ... as a guy)



Undertoad  Thursday Jul 20 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
There was an article in the onion a while back citing recent advances made in the workplace by broads
Where "a while back" is like ten years now! But, as usual, even though it was only one word, you have somehow channelled the exact thing I had in mind when I wrote that.


Promenea  Thursday Jul 20 10:38 AM

I'm betting Jammie is a nick based on her last name (Hey Jameison quickly gets shortened to Jammie) rather than her real first name. Maybe she inherited one of those awful first names which she refuses to use.



MurMetz  Thursday Jul 20 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promenea
I'm betting Jammie is a nick based on her last name (Hey Jameison quickly gets shortened to Jammie) rather than her real first name. Maybe she inherited one of those awful first names which she refuses to use.
Can't we have any fun?!?!?!?!


Shawnee123  Thursday Jul 20 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykule
The girl on the bottom right looks about 12 years old to me. Was she a part of the crew or was it parents day?
She was job-shadowing?


Shawnee123  Thursday Jul 20 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Anybody want to take a shot at what their Fighter Pilot Nicknames are?

Ooh Ooh! I'll try!

Samantha "Skidmark" Weeks

Carey "Cuter Chuter" Jones

Jammie "Jenna" Jamieson

Andrea "Icewoman" Misener


Nutbar  Thursday Jul 20 07:33 PM

Here is another article about Capt. Samantha Weeks joining the Thunderbirds last month.
http://www.pacaf.af.mil/news/story.a...ryID=123021644



xoxoxoBruce  Friday Jul 21 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Ooh Ooh! I'll try!

Samantha "Skidmark" Weeks

Carey "Cuter Chuter" Jones

Jammie "Jenna" Jamieson

Andrea "Icewoman" Misener
Don't forget to salute when you call them that.


footfootfoot  Saturday Jul 22 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Where "a while back" is like ten years now! But, as usual, even though it was only one word, you have somehow channelled the exact thing I had in mind when I wrote that.
Ten years? Time flies, and look how far they've come.
As long as we don't start wearing the same outfits I think it is ok.


richlevy  Saturday Jul 22 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Ooh Ooh! I'll try!

Samantha "Skidmark" Weeks

Carey "Cuter Chuter" Jones

Jammie "Jenna" Jamieson

Andrea "Icewoman" Misener
It took me a while to get used to "Sally Ride". Every time I heard her name I would start mentally singing Mustang Sally.


Your reply here?

The Cellar Image of the Day is just a section of a larger web community: a bunch of interesting folks talking about everything. Add your two cents to IotD by joining the Cellar.