The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
JBKlyde
Banned

Metallica the Forgiveness

Can a Believer Commit the Unforgivable Sin?

No. A believer cannot commit the unforgivable sin. How can someone who has been born again (John 3:7), made a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17), and received eternal life (John 10:27-28) actually commit the unforgivable sin? He cannot. Jesus Himself said that we have eternal life, not conditional life: "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand" (John 10:27-28). Besides, it says in 2 Cor. 5:17 that the Christian is a new creation in Christ. We are different, no longer slaves to the old nature (Rom. 6:14). We are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

There is no biblical support for a believer committing this sin. It just hasn't happened. Also, if you are worried that you may have committed the sin and can't be forgiven, then don't be concerned. If you are worrying about it, then you haven't committed it. If you are worried about it, then that is a sign that you have not committed it. If you had, you wouldn't be concerned.
JBKlyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

Lead is very forgiving, but I think it is outdone by Mercury, which is liquid at room temperature and therefore as forgiving as can be, and a close second is Gallium, which will melt in your hand.

Osmium, on the other hand, is a tough little motherfother, and you'll find it Sin little use because it comes at such a high price. Ozzie -as we affectionally know it- really does exemplify the genre and the Black Sabbath really harshes the groove of Metallica's Forgiveness.

What?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
regular.joe
Старый сержант

In God and through Him we move and have our being. (Acts 17:28). Yea, that means that God is in you and it is not possible to sin. Get over it, change your socks and drive on. Live a life of what YOU believe character is. Less talk and more listening....to what ever it is you think God is. Less prayer and more meditation. PAY ATTENTION. If I had a stick and you were closer I would hit you with it.

Death, like birth, is a secret of Nature. - Marcus Aurelius.
regular.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
monster

But prayer overcomes all obstacles.....

Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraphrased from memory
Out of every pageant Chloe has been in, there have only been two times that she did not come home with a crown... To date she's won a total of $20,000.
Oh wow. Okay. This totally just clicked for me. Up until now I really honestly did not get this process. The person who turns their daughter into the best performing monkey wins actual money. Now it all makes sense.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
monster

No, it doesn't. Entry fees are near $2K, dresses $3K accessories another K or so plus hotels, gas........ per pageant
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
monster

biggest cash prize I've seen in these things is $1K, $500 more the norm..... It's not exactly a good investment.....
Old 01-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #8
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
biggest cash prize I've seen in these things is $1K, $500 more the norm..... It's not exactly a good investment.....
I think it is actually for the hope of turning out the next Britney.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #9
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

There was one last summer that had a $10,000 prize for 1st place.
The money is going up with the notoriety of this BS. Scary really.
Typically you were right, however the times they are a changin'.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I assume the prizes are just the fees redistributed, minus room rental, crowns/trophies, and MC/judges' salaries? $2000 for an entry fee seems unlikely, unless you're talking national-level, very experienced competition.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
According to Dorothy Poteat, director of Southern Elite Pageants based in Chapel Hill, N.C., the very low end of the spectrum is between $400 to $500, minimum, per glitz pageant. The midrange is $1,500, but she's seen parents drop $3,500 or more in preparations for one big day. The reason the price tag can become so heavy is the gear.
Quote:
"With glitz, anything goes," says Poteat. "Rhinestones, professional hair and makeup, spray tans, fake nails ... it adds up fast. The entry fee alone varies from $50 to $500, depending on the level of the pageant." The contests also charge for competing in separate categories, such as talent and casual wear, each an additional $20 to $30. Factor in the outfits (as many as six per pageant), promotional photographs, coaching (typically $50 per hour, at least once a week), dance, voice lessons and travel expenses, and it's not hard to see how a single contest can easily blow out an average family's budget.

Winning can be addicting though. "Once a child wins a crown or trophy, they will want to do it again," says Poteat. "They will travel to the pageants every weekend. A glitz pageant six times a year can easily run $10,000."
FWIW
Old 12-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
monster

The last clip mentioning entry fees I saw was not a national -but it was "glitz"- and the mom was saying that the entry fees were $1,800 and she had two girls going......
Old 12-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

What is the unforgettable sin, anyway?
Old 12-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #14
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
What is the unforgettable sin, anyway?
Gettin a blowgie from the family pet?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
monster

sharting as you cum?