The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 09-26-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
ISO: the Auryn

I am interested in finding someone/someplace that sells movie props from the mid-80's, specifically 1984. If anyone remembers the movie The NeverEnding Story, then you might remember a pendant with this symbol called the Auryn. I'm looking for either a replica of the movie piece or one that's fashioned in the same way, basically with two snakes in an intricate knot biting each other's tail, one gold and the other silver. It doesn't HAVE to be an offical NES replica Auryn, but something close to it. I thought perhaps I could find a jeweler online that might sell something like it but nooooo. Anyone know anyone who knows someone who knows somewhere I might find one of these?

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
I am interested in finding someone/someplace that sells movie props from the mid-80's, specifically 1984. If anyone remembers the movie The NeverEnding Story, then you might remember a pendant with this symbol called the Auryn. I'm looking for either a replica of the movie piece or one that's fashioned in the same way, basically with two snakes in an intricate knot biting each other's tail, one gold and the other silver. It doesn't HAVE to be an offical NES replica Auryn, but something close to it. I thought perhaps I could find a jeweler online that might sell something like it but nooooo. Anyone know anyone who knows someone who knows somewhere I might find one of these?
I saw something eerily similar on one of the Celtic smithy sites i surf through every once in a while. I'll start digging and see what I can find for you.

K

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 10:39 PM   #3
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

The image you describe is a variation of an ancient symbol known as an "ouroboros". In the case of NES, it is a double ouroboros. Perhaps that will assist you in searching for it.

http://altreligion.about.com/library...souroboros.htm
Old 09-26-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
Elspode

Here's a link to a guy who made a crude, hand-carved copy out of soapstone. Maybe he could be commissioned to do one for you?

http://www21.brinkster.com/silmarill...sculptures.htm
Old 09-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #5
Elspode

And, if you can read Chinese, it looks like you can buy a not-too-tawdry looking variation here.

And then, there's this guy.

Perhaps you can tempt him with praise and money?

Last edited by Elspode; 09-26-2004 at 11:11 PM.
Elspode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:29 PM   #6
Elspode

Finally, there's this cheapo item on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...929109814&rd=1
Old 09-27-2004, 06:48 AM   #7
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Wow, when I posted my question, I didn't expect THIS much grunt work to be done.

Thanks Dagney, Elspode...I'll look into some of that.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens

Last edited by Cyber Wolf; 09-27-2004 at 06:51 AM.
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote