The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Dwellar Casting Call

Who in your real life do the other Dwellars constantly remind you of?

Believe it or not, tw's written persona is the spittin' image of my father. My father is much more straight-ticket conservative than tw, but the mannerisms and the style of rhetoric are eerily similar.

Time and again, glatt reminds me of my husband, especially in the specific political/social areas we agree and disagree on. Plus, based on the one kinda-distant photo glatt once posted of himself, my husband looks roughly similar to him, same build and whatnot, and they both do some casual woodworking.

Ignoring gender, Elspode is often reminiscent of my mom. (How's that for an image, Els and tw married to each other? No wonder my parents got divorced.)

Sadly, Crimson Ghost has on occasion reminded me of my abusive ex-stepfather. Don't worry Els, she left him too.

Speaking of stepparents, Jacquelita looks just like my stepmom. I don't really know her well enough to say whether her personality is similar too, but nothing's she's posted has ever been completely out-of-character.

Brianna and staceyv have at different times reminded me of my best friend from childhood, and jinx reminds me of my best friend now. Not surprisingly, lumberjim reminds me of her husband, too.

And if I had to pick someone to play the role of me, it would be Beestie. I don't flatter myself that I'm as eloquent as he is, but I can't recall a time I've ever disagreed with anything he said. Well, okay, he didn't like a few of my CMEP music choices, but I maintain they would grow on him if he gave them a chance.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Wolf seems to be the female version of my uncle--he is also no-nonsense, gun-totin', not too loud, but always gets his point across. Yet, like wolf with Hello Kitty, my uncle has a fondness for something completely unexpected--his favorite movie is Xanadu, and he's had a crush on Olivia Newton-John ever since I can remember.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Well, okay, he didn't like a few of my CMEP music choices, but I maintain they would grow on him if he gave them a chance.
Ohhhh, I remember that. In retrospect, if the charbroil stripe scars I bear to this day from the CMEP reviews I got are any indication of my ability distinguish between good music and not so good music, then you should consider the review I gave you quite a compliment.

And thanks. The feeling is mutual.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I don't understand one iota of what you jsut posted, but it still made me laugh.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There was, at one time, a Cellar Music Exchange Project in which we US-Mailed CDs to each other. The project survived about 8 rounds of reviews before it collapsed under its own weight, because it required about 17 people to actively participate, which meant listening to an hour's worth of music in a week and sending the CD along, and if one didn't participate it gummed up the works. 8 rounds in such a situation is optimistic...

Beestie's entry was if I recall trance/house music in its entirety and overwhelmed most people including myself. I only respected him more for it, even though I admitted defeat.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
It keeps getting more hilarious.

I love some trance music. maybe you all wouldn't have bogged down as much if you had the appropriate cigarettes to go with the music.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Beestie's entry was if I recall trance/house music in its entirety and overwhelmed most people including myself. I only respected him more for it, even though I admitted defeat.
My submission, on the other hand, was all foreign music, with a decent representation of overly-hyper Japanese pop songs. Not an easy thing to appreciate, I realize.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
My submission, on the other hand, was all foreign music, with a decent representation of overly-hyper Japanese pop songs. Not an easy thing to appreciate, I realize.
I actually thought some of your stuff was pretty good but you should probably consider the source.

That was a fun project. I had mixed up a fresh batch of tunage in anticipation of CMEP II but alas, it gathereth dust...
Old 09-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
Hugo Zorilla
The Great White Gorilla Of Doom

Quote:
Who in your real life do the other Dwellars constantly remind you of?

Sadly, Crimson Ghost has on occasion reminded me of my abusive ex-stepfather. Don't worry Els, she left him too.
Oh, that's not good.
I hope CG straghtens himself out soon.
Now that I think of it, where is he?

EDIT: Elspode is with CG? I need to pay more attention....
Hugo Zorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
glatt

Crimson lost me when he started relating his "funny" jokes that he plays on people.

btw, I'm honored to be in the casting call at all.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Clodfobble, I am honored, too. I guess your childhood friend was consumed with neurosis and anxiety?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I guess your childhood friend was consumed with neurosis and anxiety?
And yet insanely witty--pretty much, yeah. It's totally not a popularity thing though, you guys genuinely remind me of these people I know in real life. The rest of you are just too unique I guess. Probably deep down I'm deliberately searching for archetypes to associate you with, because it's hard to personalize text.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #13
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

mmmm..... I see you left me out of your list.....

Not that I'm one to hold a grudge.......

but does Freddie Kruger ring any bells?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #14
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I for one am not surprised that CF finds something female in my online manner. I was pretty much exclusively raised by women, at least, in my most formative years. After that, the men I was most often around were pretty much hick motorhead losers, so I'm afraid I absorbed some of that as well, especially the occasional lack of sensitivity problem.

My mother used to flatly state that she fully expected me to grow up gay because of it, and she was somewhat surprised when I did not. Maybe even disappointed...I don't know.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:22 PM   #15
Clodfobble

Ha! I've always suspected my mother was a tiny bit disappointed I didn't turn out to be a lesbian.